The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Eagles released Nnamdi Asomugha and then sign 5 free agents this afternoon as FA got underway @ 4pm today.

The new additions...

CB Bradley Fletcher (2-year deal)
TE James Casey (3-year deal)
S Patrick Chung (3-year deal)
LB Jason Phillips (2-year deal)
DL Isaac Sopoaga (3-year deal)

Not sure what to make of it all just yet, but I think Kelly is on to something... Time will tell.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
They should also have shown Dominique Rodgers Cromartie the door and signed a few more name players. Dump Casey Matthews too.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't sign DRC, he's testing free agency and more than likely is gone as well.

·
Registered
40,083 Posts
I never liked Vick. When he was with the Falcons he couldn't beat the Eagles on his best day.

I'm glad to see those corners gone. Two stiffs that didn't want to play.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isaac Sopoaga says...

"I'm ready to hunt"!!!

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
That big Samoan strolled off the plane in Philly and out into a cold rain wearing a tank top. Hope he takes some of his 12 Mil contract and buys some cloths

He played in a game for the 49ers as a fullback and I think I read where he can throw a football over 70 yards.
He is a short term solution to a definite weak spot on the team.

Leave poor Mike Vick alone, he has enough problems now people want to kill him off the field too.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peppy said:
CB Bradley Fletcher (2-year deal)
TE James Casey (3-year deal)
S Patrick Chung (3-year deal)
LB Jason Phillips (2-year deal)
DL Isaac Sopoaga (3-year deal)
More new faces for the Eagles...

LB Connor Barwin
CB Cary Williams
S Kenny Philips

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
If the Eagles want to get a stop gap type player that could help them this year and possibly next they should shoot a 2 year, 8 Million $$ offer Brian Urlacher's way I am sure he would bite.

He might be 34 but he has a lot of gas left in the tank and the Eagles surely have the cap room.
Since the Bears already signed D.J.Williams as his replacement it seems they are set to move on without him.
Then they could get a few prospects in the draft that could sit and learn the system the new coaches bring into town.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
I would pick a 34 YO Urlacher over a 24 YO Casey Matthews any day of the week. They probably have the same amount of time left in the league.
Only thing Casey could do that would be a stretch for Brian is Special team duty.

·
Registered
40,083 Posts
Casey Matthews is another example of Philly sports teams getting the wrong brother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts