The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you notice the new trapping seasons for this coming year? Fisher season will be over Christmas this year.

TRAPPING SEASONS

MINK and MUSKRAT: Nov. 23–Jan. 5. Unlimited.

COYOTE, FOXES, OPOSSUM, RACCOON, SKUNKS and WEASELS: Oct. 27–Feb. 23. No limit.

COYOTE and FOXES (Statewide) Cable Restraints: Dec. 26 –Feb. 23. No limit. Participants must pass cable restraint certification course.

BEAVER (Statewide): Dec. 26–Mar . 31 (Limits vary depending on WMU).

BOBCAT (WMUs 2A, 2C, 2E, 2F, 2G, 2H, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4A, 4C, 4D and 4E): Dec. 21 –Jan. 12. One bobcat per license year, and all licensed furtakers may obtain one permit.

FISHER (WMUs 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 2H, 3A, 3D, 4D and 4E): Dec. 21 –26. One fisher per license year, and all licensed furtakers may obtain one permit.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
No fisher trapping for me this season.....

Well, if for some reason I am single I will be...but I would be hung out to dry if I said I was missing Christmas to go to camp with the coon dog to trap for a week...and then another week to flintlock hunt and trap fox lol

Wish they would have moved the fisher season...start it right after deer season ends or right when flintlock season starts...

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I can't wait to try for a fisher. I've found a couple spots just loaded with sign. No idea what I'm doing with them, but I'm gonna give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts