Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just around the corner boys.
LET'S GO PENS!!!

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
The anticipation is killing me! When is Trask going to post his annual eleventeen page dissertation about how they are going to stink!?!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
4,245 Posts
Should be another good year for the Pens.

I still think they have a couple of holes but overall should have no problem.

My biggest concern in season will be to see if Shero has the ability to make any moves that fill some of thoe holes.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So it begins...

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 6m

#TribHKY » AM Camp Log: Fleury allows 4 goals in scrimmage
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 3m

Today's combos: Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis Bennett-Geno-Neal Jokinen-Sutter-D'Agostini Glass-Vitale-Adams Scuds-Letang Orpik-Martin Nisky-Bortuzzo

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Buckethead said:
The anticipation is killing me! When is Trask going to post his annual eleventeen page dissertation about how they are going to stink!?!
Right now, I think he's too busy crapping on the Steelers.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Fellas, fellas. I never say that the Penguins "stink", just that there are certain issues that rear their ugly heads for the past 4 years in the postseason.

I'm not here to gloat, but go back and look at what I said toward the end of the regular season this past year. People were raving about how the Pens had the most "stacked" team in the league and when I said that they lacked "depth" throughout the lineup, people scoffed at that and demanded that I tell them WHO had more depth. My answer? Boston and Chicago. Who eviscerated the Pens in the ECFs? Who played in the SCFs last year? Who won? Teams with depth throughout the lineup win.

Having a superstar or two on the team doesn't automatically mean that you are unstoppable. How many Cups has Ovechkin won? Stamkos? The Sedins? Rick Nash?

Now I don't want to see Sid or Geno go by any means, but their lack of depth due to having to pay them is showing up in the postseason.

We shall see how Bennett and D'Agostini work out this season.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
I'm not here to gloat, but go back and look at what I said toward the end of the regular season this past year.....its what I do so here it goes.....

Fixed it for you.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Fellas, fellas. I never say that the Penguins "stink", just that there are certain issues that rear their ugly heads for the past 4 years in the postseason.

I'm not here to gloat, but go back and look at what I said toward the end of the regular season this past year. People were raving about how the Pens had the most "stacked" team in the league and when I said that they lacked "depth" throughout the lineup, people scoffed at that and demanded that I tell them WHO had more depth. My answer? Boston and Chicago. Who eviscerated the Pens in the ECFs? Who played in the SCFs last year? Who won? Teams with depth throughout the lineup win.

Having a superstar or two on the team doesn't automatically mean that you are unstoppable. How many Cups has Ovechkin won? Stamkos? The Sedins? Rick Nash?

Now I don't want to see Sid or Geno go by any means, but their lack of depth due to having to pay them is showing up in the postseason.

We shall see how Bennett and D'Agostini work out this season.
I stopped right there.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
These exhibition games don't mean anything. All I hope for is that nobody gets hurt.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
#Pens lines at practice: Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew; Bennett-Sutter-D'Agostini; Megna-Vitale-Jeffrey; MacIntyre-Sill-Payerl
No. 1 power play for group playing in Chicago tonight features Crosby, Kunitz and Bennett up front, Niskanen and Pouliot on the points.

1 - 20 of 5540 Posts