The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I like football and all that comes with it, but it's just not hockey. I'm ready for the puck to drop. Last season, I didn't feel good about the Flyers before going into it. This season looks to be a better one, barring injuries. Mason has looked stellar in camp so far and let's hope Emery spells as good as he did in Chicago. I'm pumped for some hockey. Is it October 2nd yet???

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think Razor and Mason will make a good tandem between the pipes. Razor was the pickup of the year for any team and the Flyers got him pretty cheap. Well done homer!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
GO LEAFS GO....
Sorry but my headache from last season is starting where it left off last year(Dan Cleary - why ???)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I could see why is that Cleary stayed pretty healthy throughout his career so far.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Every thing I read about him is he's a poor skater due to both knees being shot. The wings say he's a good "glue guy" in the locker room. Pretty expensive "glue guy" imo. I think it is almost no chance Gags is coming back.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
OK, since it's still early, I have to ask...you guys want Trask? We'd take a bag of practice pucks and a broken stick from Coburn for him. If you are interested, hit us on the Pens page. We're willing to negotiate on the broken stick.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nahhh he fits so well in the Pen's thread yins wouldn't know how to live without his armagedon comments.

P.S. Thank you Dan Cleary for staying in Detroit! Now which washed up broken star can Homer go get now? Maybe Peter Forsberg wants a contract again?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Danesdad said:
OK, since it's still early, I have to ask...you guys want Trask? We'd take a bag of practice pucks and a broken stick from Coburn for him. If you are interested, hit us on the Pens page. We're willing to negotiate on the broken stick.
Well if we get Trask for the broken stick, who are you going to use that broken stick on then?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Good to see Matt Read signed. Let the trade speculation begin.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
See the Flyers signed Hal Gill to a one year contract. Not sure what to think about that.
Way to add to the log jam in defence. This means someone has to go. There's not enough room for all those D men. Hopefully Mez gets traded with his broken frail body and huge contract. I wouldn't mind to see Coburn leave either. The sad thing is our defence just got a little older and slower. I'm not looking for to much improvment from this team this season but I don't see Lavy coaching this team after Dec. 1st and think we'll have Terry Murray as a headcoach by mid season.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Gill isn't gonna play every night, at least until the flyers get crushed by the injury bug.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Puck drop in 5 min. Hopefully there's more highlights than that. Preseason left alot to be desired

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Well we going 0-2 or what

1 - 20 of 638 Posts