The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me feedback on this truck?

I have a chance to buy a used one a deal I really don't want to by pass.

81,000 miles on it.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Casey, I believe that truck is a re-badged Nissan Frontier built at Nissan’s plant in Tennessee(?). I have several friends that drive Nissan Frontiers and they have found them to be reliable and capable.

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
The Frontier rebadge is called the Suzuki Equator. Equinox is a soccer mom SUV from Chevy.

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
Yeah, that is a rebadged Frontier. You even have the exact same rims as those on my Frontier. The 4.0 has some guts (assume you have the same engine). Good every day driver and hunting vehicle. Little thirstier than I'd like. What year?

·
Administrator
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep 4.0 I'm used to my old Toyota that had a 4 cylinder in it.

Took off two different times and squealed the tires.

It's a 2012.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I remember readin a press release that Suzuki was gonna reintroduce a truck and contracted with Nissan to rebadge it.When Suzuki was discontinuin sales in the states and was liquidating it,s vehicles I tried to find one of these trucks and couldn,t at the time.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had a Frontier for five years and 156,000 trouble free miles. Traded for a full size Titan. You should be good to go for a long while Casey. I was really strict changing fluids as the manual suggests and my Frontier ran great.

Ran great in the winter in 4H too, got to work and back on a lot of roads where others were stuck or spinning.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I had a 2002 Frontier that I bought with about 20,500 miles on it drove it for about 6+ years and traded it with 167,000 miles. Pretty good little truck. It had a 3.3L V6 and I agree with a comment above that it was a little thirstier than I'd have liked. Other than that it was good.

·
Administrator
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a 1993 Nissan XE and the tranny went on it.

My mechanic said he'd do it for about 1000.00 but who knows I might drive away and the engine might go.

So I junked it with 364,000 miles on it.

I watched it go into the crusher.

I felt like I lost my best friend.

God I miss that truck.

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
Yep 4.0 I'm used to my old Toyota that had a 4 cylinder in it.

Took off two different times and squealed the tires.

It's a 2012.
Same year as my Frontier. I had a 2001 with the 3.3 before that. the 4.0 is a solid upgrade. ...on a side note, I squeal my tires often...but mine is a stick:smile2:

·
Administrator
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I hit a deer with it last Wednesday night. Nothing serious...$5340.00 damage.

BUT.... some of the parts can't be found so they might total it. What a bunch of bull.

Nobody in the part of the NE has the few parts that is needed.

The adjuster is calling back today and I'm telling him I don't care if it's laid up a few weeks to a moth.

Search the west coast for parts and check with Japan.

Need passenger side headlight and seatbelt's/driver airbag.

OK rants over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts