The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got my mount back from the taxidermist and I couldn't be more pleased with the work he did.

Here is what he looked like the day I killed him:

And here is how he looks on the wall:

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
Nice!! I like to see the ears in another position other than upright and forward. Yours looks like a natural moment frozen in time. Congrats again.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Nice mount, I like the wall pedestal and i'm a big fan of having the ears back. Do you know what form was used?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
remington6 said:
your buck is total character man! awesome..who did your mount?
Scherder's Taxidermy does all my mounts. They are a father / son operation out of Butler. They are great guys to deal with.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pa.Bone said:
Nice mount, I like the wall pedestal and i'm a big fan of having the ears back. Do you know what form was used?
I actually don't know what form was used. One of the things I like about the Scherder's is they will give imput on what will look best on a certain deer. When I went in I thought without a doubt I was going with a full sneak with a lip curl. Mr. Scherder told me I was nuts and jokingly said me he wouldn't let me do that to this buck because it wouldn't show off the droptine enough. He flipped through his book and showed me poses that he would recommend and the wall pedestal mounts caught my eye. I just pointed to the picture and he did the rest.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Very Nice! And as was said before, the outdoor shot is great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts