The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Nope. It'll take a little bit. The extended season just ended. I'd look for it after the holidays.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Maybe its just me , but i think in the age of the internet , there could/should be a day by day count available to everyone.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just cked PGC site & still not out!! lol

Whut's up...must be havin some unanticipated problems tabulating things??

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Loggy, take it easy man. It takes them a while to get all the data together, go over it all, enter it in the system an get it up. It's not just scan, bam, thank you ma'am, as everyone thinks it should be. It will be posted when they get the data completed. Don't forget, this is the busiest time of the year for them, and they deserve time off over the holidays as well.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yesterday Walmart knew how many pieces of each item sold or didnt sell...in all 5,000 stores in North America... 100 of thousands of items...By size, weight, upc code, color, price, location on shelf ....by cash register, in which store, at what time....& symotaneously re-ordered a individual replacement to refill the sales...
& the PGC can't tell us data from a total of 3,000 harvests in 25 of the own locations in one state, since before Thanksgiving... Give me a break... It's won't... not cant... Lol
The only dynamic in terms of year to year bear harvests thats dynamic & changes is animals killed...
Year after year the state, county, WMU's & hunter info is always the same....

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
You realize bear season just ended a week ago right. WCOs most likely have more pressing issues to tend to this time of year than getting those last few bear harvest data files sent to the appropriate place ASAP, just so a few impatient people have one less thing to gripe about, lol

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Borden811 said:
Loggy, take it easy man. It takes them a while to get all the data together, go over it all, enter it in the system an get it up. It's not just scan, bam, thank you ma'am, as everyone thinks it should be. It will be posted when they get the data completed. Don't forget, this is the busiest time of the year for them, and they deserve time off over the holidays as well.
Borden811 said:
You realize bear season just ended a week ago right. WCOs most likely have more pressing issues to tend to this time of year than getting those last few bear harvest data files sent to the appropriate place ASAP, just so a few impatient people have one less thing to gripe about, lol
Ha, ha, ha, ha...talkin bout being impatient...please try to calm down my friend Borden811
if u can. Ya keep posting even without my reply to your first post!!! lol

Just asking where report was,,,im sure the very complex tabulation process ensuing through the last 6 days is quite involved in many respects re reporting..

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
oilcrk said:
Yesterday Walmart knew how many pieces of each item sold or didnt sell...in all 5,000 stores in North America... 100 of thousands of items...By size, weight, upc code, color, price, location on shelf ....by cash register, in which store, at what time....& symotaneously re-ordered a individual replacement to refill the sales...
& the PGC can't tell us data from a total of 3,000 harvests in 25 of the own locations in one state, since before Thanksgiving... Give me a break... It's won't... not cant... Lol
The only dynamic in terms of year to year bear harvests thats dynamic & changes is animals killed...
Year after year the state, county, WMU's & hunter info is always the same....
Patience grasshopper.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Clermont,,,Personally I could care less about harvest numbers its the in-efficency that absolutely slays me...It makes me CRAZY to stand in a bear check station & watch 5 guys weigh a bear
Than 1 walks over to a hand written sign while another yells out weight & sex etc... Then other guy yells back how much??? Cause everybody inside check area is talking then..... Omg, then the successful hunter has to locate on a map & push pins his harvest spot on a map,,,then by hand manually writes his name & info on another paper...then 50 observers ask?. How much where??? Cause they can't see or read the handwriting chicken scratch on wall board paper... Ughhhhh... Meanwhile in less time I used my iPhone to scan an item in a store find the best price & order it from Amazon in China to be sent to my house in 2 days....with a receipt sent to me email on my I phone in less time... Lol
& then ask me to be patient??? I dont understand or cant believe we have to wait 3 months for harvest tabulations/results... For >3,000 bears (or transactions )over a 10 day period??... Lol... I think it's nothing more than a control issue...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Does seem odd in this day and age that numbers aren't out within a day or two.They can give us numbers the next day on the 1st day bear harvest,2nd day ect. ect.Why does it take so long to tabulate the extended season???I'm not sure I believe the final numbers.some supposed record years I've heard no shooting at all.I think with all the flack they take with deer numbers,they def. don't want to hear it about the bears too

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL!

I'm sure the exact count has been known for several days now. Likely the delay is related to carryfully crafting verbage to go with the numbers to be released.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Some of you people are rediculous. You didn't hear much shooting in your area, so they couldn't have shot a record number if bears? Seriolusly? The numbers thy release during the regular season are PRELMINARY. Not the final numbers. They release that info, no problem. The stuff is all scanned at the check stations, and goes straight ino the system. The extended season didn't always have the benefit of a check station. Sometimes it's just a wco collecting the info. That wco has way more important things to do during the mother of all hunting seasons, than to get a few bear harvests put into the system. Once things slow down, they'll get the info in. Then all that info needs processed. I'm sure they have a preliminary statewide final harvest. But what's the point of releasing that info, for a few hundred more bears, and then in a few weeks, releasing another set of info to correct the first set?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yeah, I really don't think the PGC is "cooking the books" when it comes to bear numbers, lol. What does it really matter anyways? Either ya got one or ya didn't. Who cares how everyone else does?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts