The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your pictures up here and give us your stories! This is the thread for everyone 16 and under.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Re: Youth and Mentored Youth Hunters Success Thread

well,my boys aren't much for typing(texting is a different story lol) so i'll post the pics and tell the story if thats ok with you gal??

well,my stepsons,when i met them 5 years ago,hadn't hardly shot more then a b.b. gun and were addicted to playstation and x-box,i had plans to change all that!
well,now we dont even own an xbox or playstation anymore,these boys are now confident,outgoing,friendly boys who are really liking this thing called hunting!

i put those boys on a 600 clay bird per boy per summer diet,hunter safety courses were only taken when i felt they would pass well,both scored 100% :D!
on my first effort at taking youths,david(the older) got 4 ducks,1 hen pinnie,1 hen mallard,1 drake black and a banded greenhead!
next season was daniels turn he got 5 ducks, all bwt!
last season the boys were with thier dad so i took 2 other youths from this forum out and each got a first,both dux and geese!
this season i had my two again and a friends daughter on her first duck hunt(allready had a goose)!
we got what we got to shoot at that day ending with 3 mallards and 2 woodies heres some pics

alana(the hunter) with her first duck, and missy!

daniel with his first woody too also a hen!

the group shot

today was the youth pheasant hunt,my boys first ever try for these upland birds!
through this site i met a fella named brian(spur),we offered each other a trade a hunt.him getting my boys shooting at pheasants over a dog,and me hopefully getting brian some hot goose smashing later in the season!
drove 1 hour 40 mintes this am walked for 3 hours and drove home with two happy boys and a VERY,VERY proud step-pa!

3 cockbirds and a hen,great dog work,and made a new friend!
brian,we worked hard today,and i appreciate your invitation to your sweet spot,and the time you set aside to make a memory for me and my boys,one we will not soon forget.

i wanted to video,but just wasnt working with the sudden flushes(birds were jumpy to say the least)!

some pics!

the boys and jake the retreiver and their bag!

add spur(brian)

add me!

closeup

·
Registered
438 Posts

My 14 year old Grandson Jimmy hunted Elk in the first ever Kentucky Youth hunt in September. He got a really nice 6x6 bull.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts

great pics go going getting the young ones started in outdoors

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Youth Pheasant Hunt Oct 10, 2009 at Pheasant Valley Farm

My morning group of kids. We got up 9 roosters and a hen. The kids bagged 2 roosters.

My afternoon group of kids. We got up 8 roosters. The kids bagged 6 roosters, each got their limit.

·
Registered
760 Posts

My son's doe from today's youth hunt.
10/24/09
5:15PM
Ruger M77 .243
40 yard shot

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Fantastic! Keep the pictures and stories coming! Your stories and photos help to inspire other youth!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts

My son Shane with his one horner shot at 11 am the first day. The other side had been broken off.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts

Here is a pic of my 10 year old Granddaughters "crab claw" buck she got today. Big Y with a small brow tine on one side Crab claw only on the other. Notice the FO fingernail polish.

·
Registered
484 Posts

My son Mike (9 yrs old) took his first deer on opening morning as a Mentored Youth Hunter...8-point scrapper with a few broken tines. 50 yd shot right in the ticker with his Win 94 Trapper in .45 Colt.

First Buck - 11/30/2009

Thanks PGC for the Youth Hunter opportunities!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts

My grandson Butch at 9 years old has had a fine year.From his favorite passion hunting behind his setter to the 4 point and his second spring gobbler. Butch lives with me and I'm a proud grandpap. I just pray I have many more years with him.

·
Registered
216 Posts

here is two brothers that scored big.This one is Larry,he got this one in archery season with a crossbow.He is 11 yrs old and already got fitti beat way to go larry.

Here is Luke with his buck.He got this the other day with a rifle.This dude is 9yrs old and putting the smack down.Awesome job Luke.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts

Congrets to all the succesful younguns on here. Way to go Kids. Hope there are many more succeses in your future.

·
Registered
774 Posts

Here is the start of a simple email adress/screen name I created 10 years ago.

First morning of gun season at camp.

First day.
Parker in stand with me after cutting the hair on a spike that came right in, perfect. Buck fever got to him.
10 years old.

Jake on the second day, after a long diminishing blood trail. A doe being chased by two bucks came in at first light came in on my side of the stand, stopped slightly behind us. He was ready with the gun and took the shot, hit him too far front in the muscle of the shoulder. He ran off way up hill and we followed untill the blood ran out and his tracks met other deer. It was a nice wide 8, I hope he made his way to someone else. It was a " no need to count" buck for sure.

First Saturday at home, Jake got the go ahead from his brother. Stumbled into this buck bedded, he hit it on the run at 50 yards.
Now boys do hunt.

·
Registered
133 Posts

First rabbit hunt harvest

1 - 20 of 58 Posts