The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to crossbows and have been interested in trying out crossbow hunting. I'd like to start out with a used crossbow so I don't end up spending a lot of money on one if it turns out I don't like it. I have my eyes on a 2011 strykezone 380 looks to be in decent shape. I'm curious what you guys think would be a good price for just that bow itself

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
They have a history of limb problems. If you are the second owner, you will be replacing them at your own expense. I know several owners on their forth and fifth set of limbs. At $100 or so a shot you are looking at a very expensive bow to own and maintain. That being said they have a very loyal following. I'd say that $400 would be a fair price for a bare bow.

·
Registered
18,715 Posts
If it is in good shape and the string and cables have been replaced, I would say 400-425 is a fair price.

Limb issues have plagued the 380. Especially during its first year.

It does have alot of great features. Light weight, compact, narrow, fast, great trigger. Is has sub par optics and a very light safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks on that note then is there a bow you would recommend for a beginner, not wanting to spend too much but still be able to get something that I can hunt with

·
Registered
18,715 Posts
In the $400-500 range, it is tough to beat the Wicked Ridge Warrior and Invaders. Both sold as a ready to hunt packages. Made by TenPoint.

The Warrior is $399 package.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Scott12333 said:
Thanks on that note then is there a bow you would recommend for a beginner, not wanting to spend too much but still be able to get something that I can hunt with
Give arrowhead a call. He will steer you in the right direction. Based upon the issues of the strykezone, I would not recommend it for a beginner. Like dpms said the Wicked Ridge line has good quality bows at a reasonable price. Excalibur makes the axiom as well that is relatively cheap. Both of these companies have outstanding customer service as well.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Wicked Ridge and Excalibur are both great crossbows, with great track records for being reliable. The PSE Enigma is a 350 f.p.s. bow with decent features too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts