The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I saw about 40 get eaten saturday. I Had that bag and I still have another. All this talk about them made mr get them out to eat. Almost forgot about them. We sauteed(sp) them in butter a little garlic powder and soy. Then made some big burgers with smoked colby and mozerella cheese I made a couple weeks ago. Covered burgers with morels and had side of morels. Can't get better than that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
they are finding some near waynesboro here in PA already. Saw some pics posted over on morels.com with current newspaper and all.

·
Super Moderator
12,813 Posts
GalThatFishes said:
http://thegreatmorel.com/2010.html

Heard rumor that 2 were found in Ohio today.
Wow all the time I spent in TX...never thought they grew there.

I found them in IL, IN, OH, KY WV and PA. We had a banner year in my location last year hope for the same this year.

I never start looking in PA until about the middle of April unless we have some real sunny days.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Everything's going to be early this year. The unseasonably warm temps are pushing everything. Orchard farmers don't like it since we're not out of frost danger yet. Could kill back the new buds which are being forced open quicker.

Beekeepers are leasing their bees 2 weeks earlier than normal down here. Turkeys are being observed with hens earlier. It's "pushing" everything. I'm near Waynesboro and was out today looking as well after last nights thunderstorm. I'll be out again tomorrow too!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My cousin took me today, in bedford county we found around 80, and out of the 80 i only found ten, man he has an eye for them things.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is it still early to find them in decent numbers. My wife and i started to look for them today, which we never did before, and we were all over a giant stand of tulip poplars and nothing. Is it possible that they just are not up yet, or is it more likley that they just arn't there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Buddy of mine at work found 24 big black ones in Franklin County, and he said some of them were already starting to dry up. I figured it was a tad bit on the early side, but this weather has been a little warmer earlier then normal. I found a giant stand of tulip poplars, but no shrooms so far!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We need a good soaking rain, then wait three days.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Ok.. Haven;t been out here in Jersey yet. But all this talk about morel's got me itching... Plus there was a turkey just gobbling across the road. So going for a walk later and see what's up...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts