The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Started out a good season but slowed down tremendously after the second week. All the bucks we had been watching went noctournal from a combination of hunting pressure and an overabundance of bears this year. To make matters worse, the corn is still up to. Decided to take the next legal buck that presented itself due to the lack of rut activity and this guy came into my calling on Nov 9th at 0845. Shot him quartering away at 30 yards with a 100 yard recovery. Not my biggest buck, but its my first 7 point and im happy with him.

Hoyt katera
66lbs
Slick trick 100's
Gold tip xt hunters 5575

·
Registered
683 Posts
Shot November 5th at 6:30 PM in a snow storm; Pict was taken the next day (wife said she didn't want to listen to me complain for ANOTHER year and agreed to let our 1.5 yo be in the pict)

Saw 7 different buck during the evening; one was significantly bigger, but ran a doe by out of range. After dealing with rain and snow for 5 hours, this one looked like a keeper.

10 yard shot (fast trot)
0 yard recovery; clipped the spine and took out one lung

18" spread
9" G2's

Mathews DLD
Easton FMJ arrows
G5 Strikers

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Friday, November 12, 2010
4:35 PM
11 or 12 point (I call him an 11-1/2 point)
First buck I ever shot that I was really "after". I dubbed him as "Unicorn" back in July, due to the extra point on his head.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I shot this 6 point Wendsday morning at 8:30 am, I grunted him out of one bottom,acrossed a pasture hill that i went slead riding on as a kid, and into the bottom i was hunting. I had my chances at two much bigger bucks this season but couldnt get good shots off so i had to pass. I was thrilled to get a shot at this guy though, the boy was pumped as well. 20 yard double lung, 75 yard recovery
Hoyt Katera xl
Muzzy 100 3 blade
Carbon express cx 400
Bedford county

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hoyt vixen
red fury broadhead
15yd shot 75 recovery
20" outside 10 points
her first buck ever and taken on the last day and her first bear taken in Ontario in early September..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Taken 11-1-10 7:30am, 11 pt. Let a nice little 7 pt walk within 5 yards of my stand & wonder off. 10 minutes later saw this one at about 80 yds. Grunted him in to 20 yds & drilled him. Dropped over @60 yds. Long live the Muzzy 3 blade 100g!

·
Registered
235 Posts
11/19/2010
4:00pm
22-25yard shot
35 yard recovery
muzzy 3 blade 100 gr
easton full metal jacket arrow
quartering away-complete pass through
Hoyt Vetric set at 60lbs
Hunted all 5 days, sun up to sun down, except for 3 hours on Tuesday. Shot bear last hour of last day of archery. Never give up!
First Bear Ever.
108 dressed 127 estimated live

121 - 140 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.