The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for those successful hunters to post their harvest along with some stats for all of us to ogle!

Please NO comments on the pics (they will be removed) and to keep things civil, this is for the vertical bow guys and gals only. (There will be a similar thread in the Crossbow forum for crossbow harvests.)

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Well, since their has been 70+ views and their's been nothing to look at... here ya go!!

My friend killed a beautiful 8 during the first hour of the Maryland archery season on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well I am on the board this year...got her about 6:30 tonight...Parker bow with beman 340 arrow and 100gr muzzy she went about 50 yds and crashed...She is a little small but there are a lot of deer in this neck of suburbia...next time I will take mommy

·
Registered
743 Posts
During my wife frst hunt we had two doe come in behind us. walked within 15 yards of our stand. they started to get a lil jumpy and ran behind us at 20 while she had no shot i was able to get a shot off before they left for good. even tho she didnt get the shot i think the experience has realy got her hooked

heres the shaft that she was just amazed with

the rage had a clean passthrough and broke a toal of for ribs 2 on each side

this was my first doe harvest 2nd with a bow and a total of 5. maybe she will be loading her pictures next saturday

·
Registered
870 Posts
Smoked her on Saturday in 2B. Earliest in the year I have ever been on the board. Only my second deer with the bow ever.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
'Smoked' one Monday @ 4:39 pm.

Some of these pics are stills from the camcorder, so they are a little fuzzy. Plus, it was rainy when the deer pics were taken.

·
Registered
122 Posts

I'm posting this for my brother. He shot it on September 29th at 6:30. Shot was approximately 20 yards and there was a 30 yard recovery. Shot hit the top of the heart and was a complete pass through.

Equipment used:
Matthews DXT at 64lbs
Carbon Express Maxima Hunters
Rage 2 Blade Broad Head

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

My Dad's buck shot at 6:15 PM opening day
Somerset County
19" Outside Spread
Fred Bear TRX32
Muzzy 4-blade 100 gr.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oct 4th 2010, second deer of the season, first was my Red tag doe in August
Hoyt Kobalt, Gold Tip arrows and 75 grain Muzzy's. 10 yard shot, 30 yard recovery

1 - 20 of 147 Posts