The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This coming Hunting Season we get 3 weeks to smoke VS 2 as in prior season!!!!

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (Statewide): Dec. 27-Jan. 15. One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

Actually...we gain 5 more days to smoke(13 days 2009 Season) VS (18 days 2010 Season.

We have no excuses this year guys!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
srry loggy allegheny county just down the road from me is longer i think 2weeks plus they are ulimited doe tags got 10 tags last year filled 9

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mountainman09 said:
srry loggy allegheny county just down the road from me is longer i think 2weeks plus they are ulimited doe tags got 10 tags last year filled 9
Nuttin for you to be sorry for. Talkin Statewide Regs ...not special regs etc....or whut have you..

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep gaining 5 more days to smoke is great!!

·
Banned
900 Posts
I can almost taste'em!!!

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Loggy said:
I smoke 365 days a year
I know I know. I should quit.

I'm thinking I will be taking part in this coming years season. I normally took the late season off from deer to hunt bunnies. Last year the itch to make smoke was enough to get me out practicing a few times. The whole time I was thinking to myself..Why am I not hunting with this thing when I can get 2" groups at 50 yards?

I got a new job today so I will have to see how the schedule works out.

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best of luck in your new job!! I hope it affords you time to smoke(bp that is!
) this coming season!!

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Thanks. It was a long time coming. I just wish it paid more than 2/3's of what I made before. Either way, it will be good to get out actually working again. I don't know how people can go without working for years on end collecting other peoples money without even trying to get a job. It goes against everything I know not to work for a living.

I'm sure with 3 weeks of the season I could find a few days to get out. I just wish I knew other people that would want to go. Maybe do some small drives to shrug off the cold. Going and sitting by yourself all day gets old real fast in the late season.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Loggy said:
Your joy is heartfelt, but let me raise it by one. Loggy's originally correct with THREE WEEKS. But the Third week is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and SATURDAY makes it SIX days. SIX!! SIX!! Oh yeah! One more glorious day than previously thought. Oh Yeah!!!

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I counted 13 actual hunting days last year vs 18 actual hunting days this coming season which is how I got 5 more days.

Last Year's Season: 12/26/09-1/9/10=13 Days; This Years Season: 12/27/10-1/15/11=18 Days.

I do like your way of counting better though!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I gotcha, Loggy. Christmas falling in the early part of the week as opposed to the later, Saturday or Sunday, has a lot to do with how many days we actually get. I can't see the PGC giving us more than these eighteen days. If Christmas was on a Thursday, we might have Friday and Saturday making 20. But my breathing takes precident over waiting to get those two days whenever that would fall into play.

·
Premium Member
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mad Jack..if this coming season is like last years...I will need ALL add'l days they give!!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
The flintlock season is the only major season that has no set length. Instead, it has always started the day after Christmas and given us 3 SATURDAYs to hunt.

If the season starts on a Friday, like last year, you will have a very short season. If it starts on a Monday, like this year, you will have a very long season.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts