The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay HPA crossbow enthusiasts. The start of the fall archery season is right around the corner and this is the thread to proudly display your crossbow harvests.

Please post up your harvest pics and a brief summary of the particulars. Ex: WMU, date, time, etc... We would all love to see a detailed story in a seperate thread as well.

The moderators of the crossbow forum have decided to allow comments but we ask that they are kept brief to keep the thread clean and make it easy for members to quickly scroll through the thread. Please take discussion to the forum itself.

Good luck all and be safe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Posting for findmeinthewoods. Doe taken at 3:40 this afternoon with a horton 175.

Perfect 20 yard shot. Congrats on your first archery harvest!

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is a MD Sept. 24th 90+ degree buck harvested at 8 yards with a Parker Cyclone with Red Hot arrows, tipped with NAP Spitfire Pro 100's. Went 60 yards and expired.Has 11 pts. and waiting to score him. Any guesses?

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great way to start off the hunting season. Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Holy Wow!! I'll guess 161 gross

Super nice buck! Congrats!!

And way to go on your first archery deer, Findme.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Boy, after taking such a wonderful looking animal, I guess a smile would be asking too much. JEEZ!!!!
That's why I'd rather see a kid shoot the big ones.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
At the risk of not looking happy enough . . .

10/02 8:45 am, 9 yard shot, 35 yards and down for the count. Juniata County. First deer with a crossbow.

Oh, and you're looking at the exit side. The shot was a couple of inches back of where I wanted to be, but still got both lungs.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Very nice, Walker! At first glance, I thought maybe you were hunting close to Mifflintown.

Congrats!!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Remember to enter the HuntingPA.Com Buck Pool!!!

<span style="color: #009900">No pre-registration required.</span>

<span style="color: #009900">To enter the HPA buck pool just post a pic with you and your buck, and include a sign or decal in the picture that says "HunitngPA" or "HPA" in it. That is it you are in,and in the running for great prizes.</span>

The contest goes all the way til the end of the regular late archery/flintlock season. SO any PA AR legal buck can be entered from 10/2/2010 - 1/15/2011. Winners will be choosen randomly from the entire buck pool in late January, so antler size does not matter, ENTER ALL BUCKS, they all have equal chance at winning.

REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE "HuntingPA" NOTED SOMEWHERE IN THE PIC ENTRY, also try to take the best pic possible to show off your deer, the scenery, your smile or gang you hunt with.

2010 HPA BUCK POOL ENTRIES ONLY - 16 and under

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1905327#Post1905327

2010 HPA BUCK POOL - ENTRIES ONLY-17 And Up

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1905323#Post1905323

1 - 20 of 148 Posts