The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned this evening from my annual late season bow hunt in Buffalo Co. Wisconsin. Dad and I both harvested great bucks, his a typical ten with some stickers scoring in the mid to upper 140s. Mine was also a 200lb(dressed)typical ten, with a 22" inside spread, 6.5 inch bases, and no mass measurements under 5. This deer showed up on trail cam many times in velvet, and I actually passed on him as a 4 year old last year, due to his lack of mass and tine length. He also showed up on a trail at 3 in the morning of the day I shot him, over a mile from where I harvested him at 4pm. Should also go in the mid to upper 140s. My 8th year hunting this farm, and my 8th buck over 130", all from the same tree. Here are some pictures. Hope you enjoy!

In velvet

On the ground

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Awesome job, I would say that you are way off on the score. I'm thinking high 150's. Please keep up HPA informed on the official score.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Ok, Ill be the first to say it, You SUCK,

lol, just kidding, thats awesome, way to lay the smack down on him.
How much you want for that tree?

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

awesome bucks for both you and your pops!!!!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Wow what a buck, congrats. You've got yourself one sweet spot out there. I take it no one gun hunts that property prior to you guys being there?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The property is gun hunted for bucks, by about 3 people. There are two 4 day gun seasons to cull does before we get there as well, and in that period they took around 140 does this year, down from 260 last year due to weather. Only 6 bucks, including ours, were taken from the entire 5,000 acre property this year.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, got the antlers back from the taxidermist last night, and scored them this morning. Gross score ended up at 144 6/8, and he will have less than 2 inches of deductions, and that makes it the 3rd biggest buck I've taken with a bow. Short tines, and short main beams, really take away from the score, but the mass makes up for some of it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Let me quote Napoleon Dynamite.... "LUCKY!!!!!"

Most people would kill to have land like that to hunt, good for you bro.

Let me say your dad's buck's brow tines would have been a big buck in Potter "back in the day"

awesome

1 - 20 of 26 Posts