The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going crazy replacing the battery on this quad. The genius's that engineered this quad put the battery directly behind the steering column, deep in the middle of the quad. I cannot get the metal bracket that holds the battery down back on. There is no clearance between the bottom of the gas tank and the top of the battery. Not to mention the fact that there is no room for a wrench to tighten the battery terminal screws. Any suggestions on what I can use to hold the battery down. Using a rubber bungee now, but this won't hold on the trails. Polaris dealer who I will not mention is no help.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Eight pointer, mine is a pain in the butt as well.
Mine is a metal bracket with just one 10mm screw holding it down. The end without the screw has a tab that fits through a slot then needs moved towards battery. It takes about five hands to get it back together.
What I found was to bend the metal bracket so it would hold battery tighter.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot get the metal bracket back in. The new battery is apparently 1/4 inch higher than the original and I had to cut the plastic cap that goes on the top down. Why would they design something like this. Do you think the battery could be mounted anywhere else.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
OEM battery only. I think a bike master brand will also fit. With the OEM battery you are much better off.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Eight pointer 07 said:
I cannot get the metal bracket back in. The new battery is apparently 1/4 inch higher than the original and I had to cut the plastic cap that goes on the top down. Why would they design something like this. Do you think the battery could be mounted anywhere else.
so you would have to buy a specific battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts