The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With opening day quickly approaching, this thread will be stickied up top for all of the pictures from successful crossbow hunters this fall.

To keep it clean please only post your pictures and a brief hunt description . Examples being date, distance, weapon, time etc... We all like the stories that go along with the hunt so start a seperate thread with the details in the forum. All comments and congrats should be placed there. Comments in the picture thread may be deleted by myself or Octagon.

Thanks and good luck!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is my son Charlie with his first of the year at 8:00 10/3/09. The sour look on his face in the second pic is because the arrow clipped the guts when it passed through. She only ran 60 yards.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
What a great week it's been!! Saw buck every evening but last evening (way too windy). Had another 4 in the brassica patch in front of me when I heard a deer moving up the trail behind me. Waited until it was about 30 yards and turned to check it out. Saw it was another buck, grunted once and he came right in!! Stood broadside at 7 yards and never knew what hit him!! Didn't even run, jumped once, leaped once and then walked away about 100 yards and dropped like a bad habit!! I love my Parker Buckbuster and 100gr Slick Tricks!! I even had to shoot him left handed because of the way he came in. You might notice my right thumb does now have a "red badge of courage"!! Let it ride a bit too high!! Didn't hurt until I saw he was down. Notice the brow tines, they are palmated. Very cool non-typical look. Enjoy the pix.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10/08/09 Excalibur Vortex, Gold Tips and G5 Striker Broadhead. 30 yards, double lunged and 12 miles to recovery(See story in forum).

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
No pix of the next deer, but took a doe at 20 yards broadside on Saturday evening. Double lung/heart shot. Ran 25 yards and assumed room temperature. Going out this afternoon again to fill another tag, then I'll be saving my last one for flinter season. BTW, have seen 17 buck and 43 doe in our 7 acre food plot. That's the only place I've been counting deer on our 110 acres. It's been a fun week!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Week just got "more funner". No pix again, we only photo the bucks. Stuck a nice old doe today (3B). But I did see 5 more shooter buck here and 13 more doe in the food plot bringing the grand total to 22 buck and 56 doe. Heck of a first week!! The Lord is good to us!! I guess we have to save some for the guys coming in rifle season!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
15 Yard shot with Excaliber Phoenix 100 gr muzzies. Double lung she only ran 25 yards. Here is a before shot taken about 5 minutes before the shot.

Here is the after shot

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
7:40 Am this morning,12 yards, ran 25... wife was about 100 yards away with the in-line (she only saw one, No shots),and never heard the shot or any of the commotion ....our mission to come home with one.
Full story to come later...got some skinnning to do,grab a sandwich and back out there . My DMAP is gone, boneheads only up there for me now.

Lots more pics and full write up later...this story may not be done yet.
Only takes a second.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
My Dad's Buck from last evening. Shot about 6 pm and drug out about 9 pm. I don't know if he wants his mug on the net, so didn't post one with him in it. He's had to use a Xbow for years having bad arthritis. Near perfect symmetry 15" wide. Enjoy....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dad shot this brute of a buck tonite! 10/20 at 5:45 took my son and I all we had to drag this pig out,dressed out at 175lbs. 16.5 yd shot, 40 yd recovery. Not too bad for a 75 year old man, but Dad shoot the smaller one next time!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My son shot this one last night same spot as Dads deer. His shot was quartering towards him. We jumped the deer after 100 yds and left. I made the recovery this morning about 60 yards further. I'm sure he is not getting much done at school today. He texted me and said I should pick him up. I dont think so. Because of the warm weather the deer is already processed but he will be able to get his hands on the rack after school. Sorry Charlie! I will have to try to photo shop his picture in place of mine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
My buddy Tom's first archery/crossbow buck.
Shot 10/24 5:30 PM
Parker Tornado, G.T. Lazer II's with A.B.C. Sonic Pro 100 broadheads.

8 point

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Young Stack scored on this nice pig-bodied 7 point buck at 5:30 this evening. 35 yards, Parker Buckbuster, 100gr Slick Tricks. This was his first archery deer kill!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts