The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2008 rifle buck back today. Shot it the opening day last year. I measured it and entered in the lengths online on the boone and crockett website. it said it scored 126 3/8 on the typical scoring system, but it had 11 1/8 in deductions.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i wondered how long it would take for somebody to notice. in my defence we're renting and had nothing to do with the choice of color on the wall.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i didn't take it the wrong way. i liked it. my brother-in-law already busted my chops tonight about hanging it on a pink wall with next to girly curtains. i just had to remind him that my 9 made his 8 look like a button buck. he didn't have a comback for that one.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
great looking buck...looks to have nice mass all the way to the tips. congrats

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Beuatiful mount but you have to get rid of the chiffon curtains
and put it in a proper man cave.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my room of death is full. only because 2 of the 4 walls are made out of windows, not because i have alot of trophies. i do feel bad for the deer though. i shot him, then put him on a pink wall with girly curtains. oh well, he'll get the room he deserves soon enough. the farthest circumference from the base i measured was 3 3/4 inches. it was 5 inches at the base. harris taxidermy in danville mounted it for me. it took a year to get back, but i think it was worth the wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts