The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 2004 F150 but have had to replace power
Window regulators on all four windows at about $400 each.
Can't believe no recalls on this. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
To have all regulators go is strange? Who ever is charging you 400 each is ripping you off. They run around 40 to 80 bucks each.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
rancher00 said:
The passenger side power window on my 2006 F-150 is pretty weak and the driver's side isn't much better.
Same truck. My passenger side is real weak at the top now that I put on the vent visors. May have to replace something soon. I can't imagine it's that hard to do yourself.

·
Super Moderator
26,650 Posts
My 2003 manual crank windows have had no problems like this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if you're only having window regulator problems then please consider yourself extremely lucky... I'm at 146K miles and my 04 fx f-150 is killin my wallet! BTW I'm working on a 3rd driver side window regulator and used to be a die hard blue oval guy but not anymore...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bowhunt, arrgggghhhhhh! To say the least, I've had the can phasers done at 30K and the clutch packs replaced at 57K and the tranny at 120K and of course I'm at 146 and its leaking! Besides the all to numerous ticky tack problems and TSB's with this truck! I ask myself, "Why would I ever buy another FORD again?"

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey I can't bash everything... The metallurgy is very good I drive the truck on the beach (surf fishing NJ) upon occasion and with the salted winter roads the under carriage, exhaust etc are holding up rather well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts