The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a 2000 Yamaha BigBear ATV or know where I can get one?
I'm having an intermitting starting problem with mine. I know it's an electrical issue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
There is a guy from Canada who sells shop manuals on a CD. He advertises on ATV sites like Teryxforums. They are / were about $10.00 shipped.

BTW describe your problem. It could be as simple as dirty terminals or a bad solenoid.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes with the key ON the reverse, neutral, and headlights are on and bright but nothing happens when I push the starter button. I removed the starter solenoid and put it back on and the quad started. Then the problem came back.
The quad starts sometimes with the on/off switch above the starter button in the off position. Once started it will continue to run sometimes with this switch in the off position. When it won't start it doesn't start with this switch in either position. I'm suspecting the on/off switch above the started button is the problem.
Does anyone know if I can remove and/or temporarily jumper the on/off switch? I was working on this last night and didn't pay attention.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
That does sound like a bad switch.

I'm about to try to jump a switch on a Yamaha Wolverine. It starts but dies when you put it in gear. It is either a bad carb or a circuit cut out that prevents riding in gear when the parking brake is on. I'll try the parking brake / switch before pulling the carb.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts