The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a new hunter this year and I have an old winchester "ranger" 20 guage youth model that fits her good. It isn't camo but I think we can work on that. It has screw in chokes and has a full one but I cannot find an extra full or anything special for it (if anyone could help find something like that I would appreciate it). It will hold 3 in shells.

Any suggestions on the best load to try with this set up? Thanks

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Realize all guns shoot differently but if it were me I would try the Hevi shot 6s or 7s with the full choke you have. That should give you a start point. If going with lead I would try Winchester 3" 5 shot. Let us know how these perform for you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hevi 6's or 7's are the way to go.

I will say though, when all I had was a factory full choke, and not an aftermarket super extra full turkey choke that the Federal flite control patterened good with the less constriction.

·
Super Moderator
12,810 Posts
MQ-1 said:
Realize all guns shoot differently but if it were me I would try the Hevi shot 6s or 7s with the full choke you have. That should give you a start point. If going with lead I would try Winchester 3" 5 shot. Let us know how these perform for you. Good Luck!
I would agree. Test what you have . I went through 5 different chokes for my Browning only to find the factory choke provided he best pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts