The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SMART?I am very close to 70 and all i know about computers is how to turn it on and go to a few hunting sites.
Smart would not type on top line ?

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
There is a number of characters limit in the title.

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
I'm 47 and my hatred of technology prevents me from being computer smart. Heck, I don't even have a cell phone. If people can't get ahold of me on my landline at home, then it just ain't all that important.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'll be 65 soon and have been developing software since 1980. My phone has more power today then the original mainframes i worked on in the early 80's

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I will be 59 next month. I can go to websites,communicate on forums,order stuff on-line,that's about it. If I need to print something,post pictures,or fix something,I have to call one of my kids! Same goes for my TV. I bought a nice 60" HDTV last year,watched it for 6 months,then one day my son was visiting and said "you know,you don't even have this set on HD,you are watching regular broadcast TV"! Duh! I even have to call my kids or my 8 yr old grandson to hook up DVD player!

Bob

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm 77 and i can do it all,just a couple days back i had a baby computer.I have to pick a name for it, any suggestion.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Pretty ok
I know what to put in a computer like processor RAM video card ect to make it perform well for say gaming, but am a fumble fingers when actually trying to build one ...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
47 and can build from the ground up. Did so for yrs until it didn't pay anymore. Throw aways now.
BUT, I commented because my 90 yr old father in law has a new iphone 6s, laptop, desktop. He can get around all sites, do banking, facebook, shop, etc. He wasnt a techie either. Retired Dentist.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
I am 66 and use it for email, banking, bill paying, researching stuff, direction finding (map stuff), and going on a few sites for information and idea exchanges. I do not do spread sheets or any fancy things. Always hated spread sheets and pivot tables and could never master them.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
65 and can do OK navigating around a computer.
I have replaced drives, screens, keyboards and added memory.
I use the computer mostly for work.
Most of the mechanical operations for work are computer based from HVAC, doors and security, electric distribution and employee time-sheet and communication. From my office or lap top I can diagnose or make changes wherever I have internet access. Since smart phones can become hotspots that is almost anyplace that has cell service.

To write programs or figure out how to deal with computer gremlins is something I couldn't even begin to do nor at this age do I want to learn.
I am naive or ignorant enough to trust the security provide by companies like Norton and Avast so as long as a web page has that little green lock I feel OK doing banking, paying bills or making purchases on line.
Even do vehicle registrations and buy hunting licenses and never had issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts