The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it seem that black lives matter only when police or white people are involved in the shootings. When they are shooting each other in the streets, it doesn't seem like a big deal to them then.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Because it does not further the agenda, for the #BLM folks, the Lamestream Media or the Left.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I think both of the shootings, one where a white guy was shot the other in Minnesota, are messed up.

The one in Minnesota never should have happened, the guy was in a car w/his girlfriend and her young daughter in the back seat. Officer asked for license/registration, and as the guy is reaching for it he mentions he has a concealed carry permit and BOOM!

Totally unwarranted and absurd. IMO that officer if he's not charged w/murder should be barred from any form of LE employment for life, he has no business being armed w/a badge on.

Sad part is the Left is only making this a big deal b/c the guy was black. Black or white it's a disgrace and a tragedy, this shouldn't be about color at all. But it's a shame it's only the Left making a big deal about it. This sort of thing goes on w/white people all the time too, never heard any republicans saying it has to stop.

It's almost as if- if you are white and this happens to you, well you must have done something to agitate the officer and you got what was coming to you. But if you're black, well it can only be about racism.

BH

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I respect you BH and agree with you on just about everything, but I am NOT taking the word of this guy's girlfriend as the gospel...

Sure, on its face it sounds crazy and out of line but her word and a video of the aftermath proves NOTHING.

But just like the Mike Brown thing, the media has run with a certain narrative from the get go and after awhile their SPECULATION somehow becomes the "truth"...

I've already heard numerous people flat out, matter of factly state that Alton Sterling was "pinned on the ground AND handcuffed" when he was shot. OBVIOUS lie but enough people have grabbed it and ran with it and now it has become the definitive version of what happened...

I don't know what happened in MN and neither does anyone else besides the officers, the victim, and his girlfriend. People took ole Mikey Brown's best bud's word as the truth when he said that he had his hands up when he was shot and....SHOCKER....it was a lie!

The whole situation nationwide is a joke. I fully support a nationwide walkout by all LEOs. They are in a lose/lose/lose situation every day. If they go to work and do their jobs, they are called racists and murders. Don't show up for work and everyone wonders where they are and why they aren't protecting people. To heck with it. Walk away and let the animals run the zoo...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
TEC said:
Why does it seem that black lives matter only when police or white people are involved in the shootings. When they are shooting each other in the streets, it doesn't seem like a big deal to them then.
Because of the Bafoon in the White House promoting the racist agenda . Nothing but domestic & foreign chaos for the past 8 years .

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I called all my cop buddies about the dead cops in Dallas. We are heading there to burn a few blocks down. Isn't that what you do???

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I wasn't there. Watching the video of the Sterling shooting, it didn't appear there was a reason for deadly force. That doesn't mean there wasn't, it just looks that way. IMO, it's not realistic to expect someone to remain motionless while pinned by someone else. The first officer seemed to have the situation in hand. He had barely gotten "Don't move" out before the other officer was blasting.

But now there's a bigger problem after Dallas. Many officers will become extremely concerned for their safety, and could get a lot quicker to use force where force wasn't needed, and when they normally wouldn't have. That's just human nature.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I respect you BH and agree with you on just about everything, but I am NOT taking the word of this guy's girlfriend as the gospel...

Sure, on its face it sounds crazy and out of line but her word and a video of the aftermath proves NOTHING.
Thanks for the thumbs up and the feeling is mutual Trask

The video the woman posted is not exactly some grainy footage after the fact, it's got her next to her boyfriend who is bleeding out next to her in the heat of the moment.

Now, this guy wasn't some Mike Brown thug who had moments earlier robbed people and then started punching a cop through the cop car window trying to reach for his gun.

This was a stand up guy, a taxpaying citizen with no criminal record, who from the video is in broad daylight buckled up w/his seatbelt on with a child in the back seat of the car.

That being said, an officer saying after the fact that he felt threatened is not a sufficient defense.

Why do I say this? because as private citizens with concealed carry permits, there could come a day where we too shoot somebody on the street. Of course it could be justified, but at times it might not be.

If you or I shot somebody who was reaching for their wallet with their girlfriend and a young kid standing among them, in the middle of an intersection, and we claimed we thought he was reaching for a gun- no DA on earth would accept that explanation, neither would any detective or judge. They'd all say sure, you say you felt threatened, but in reality you were not, as the facts clearly show. Therefore your shooting of the guy was not only NOT justified, but could be considered a serious felony up to and including murder, and you are now personally liable for any/all lawsuits that are sure to come.

Isn't that right?

BH

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Bumblehick said:

The video the woman posted is not exactly some grainy footage after the fact, it's got her next to her boyfriend who is bleeding out next to her in the heat of the moment.

Now, this guy wasn't some Mike Brown thug who had moments earlier robbed people and then started punching a cop through the cop car window trying to reach for his gun.

This was a stand up guy, a taxpaying citizen with no criminal record, who from the video is in broad daylight buckled up w/his seatbelt on with a child in the back seat of the car.

That being said, an officer saying after the fact that he felt threatened is not a sufficient defense.

Why do I say this? because as private citizens with concealed carry permits, there could come a day where we too shoot somebody on the street. Of course it could be justified, but at times it might not be.

If you or I shot somebody who was reaching for their wallet with their girlfriend and a young kid standing among them, in the middle of an intersection, and we claimed we thought he was reaching for a gun- no DA on earth would accept that explanation, neither would any detective or judge. They'd all say sure, you say you felt threatened, but in reality you were not, as the facts clearly show. Therefore your shooting of the guy was not only NOT justified, but could be considered a serious felony up to and including murder, and you are now personally liable for any/all lawsuits that are sure to come.

Isn't that right?

BH
If you're going to shoot the cop, you're not likely to inform him of your CCW permit or having a weapon on you. It's ludicrous to think he was threatening the officer.

·
Registered
445 Posts
As I watched this unfold last night until 2am, I had so many emotions come to me. At one point I cried, then I prayed, and now I'm angry. This attack was purely a hate crime. This monster targeted white police officers. When will people realize the problem is not with the cops. I am not a racist, but a realist. And anyone with common sense should be able to see who are really to blame. The Black lives matter nuts, a large majority of blacks, the media, and liberal whites. These horrible tragedies will continue, and they will become more common. And you can have your own opinion, but mark my words, there WILL be another war in this country. Whether it be over constitutional rights, race, religion, etc. But I only hope and pray that people will wake up and stand with the police, because sure, there are bad cops out there that do unnecessary things, but just about all of these shootings of cops shooting black men are justified in my opinion. But, now all we can do is pray for the families of the fallen officers and take a stand for what is right. So please put a thin blue line sticker on your truck, show support for cops, and go buy a gun while you can.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Bumblehick said:

Isn't that right?

BH
If you're going to shoot the cop, you're not likely to inform him of your CCW permit or having a weapon on you. It's ludicrous to think he was threatening the officer.

Let see officer: let me see id...idiot: I have a gun.. officer: hold your hands up.. officer: hold your hands up idiot: reaches for what ever..bang....real simple listen to what your told or you might just get shot. if you listen to the idiots girl friend she changed the story three time if watch the hole video...

·
Registered
445 Posts
25-OTT6 said:
steelerfan58 said:
Bumblehick said:

Isn't that right?

BH

Let see officer: let me see id...idiot: I have a gun.. officer: hold your hands up.. officer: hold your hands up idiot: reaches for what ever..bang....real simple listen to what your told or you might just get shot. if you listen to the idiots girl friend she changed the story three time if watch the hole video...
You are exactly right 25-OTT6. If these idiots will just follow what the officer says, nothing would happen. Plus, you aren't supposed to tell the officer that you're armed. If I was that cop and the idiot told me he had a gun and then reached for something, I would have done the same, you?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm reserving my judgement until they can get to the bottom of it all. I will say one thing though, and that I am disgusted that these shootings are only a problem when it's a white cop and a black male. White on white, black on black, black on white, and it's no big deal.

2nd, I was impressed with the relative calmness of the black lies matter's group...that was until they planned a terrorist attack in Dallas on the PD. that truly disgusts me.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts

Isn't that right?
Do you know all that you wrote to be factual? It seems to be you're going entirely off of the girlfriend's narration of the facts in the video. But don't you think it's possible that everything she is saying, might not be exactly the way it happened? She also says toward the end of the video that there some "weed" in the car. So I would agree, not the most heinous crime, but still breaking the law none the less. It seems reasonable to me to think, as a law abiding citizen, that it would not be wise to be carrying concealed when you have narcotics in the car? I'm by no means saying the guy deserved to be shot, but please don't paint the picture this was the pastor from a church on his way home from bible study.

Again, lets wait for the facts to come out before we draw conclusions.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
http://lawofficer.com/2016/07/follow-commands-or-die/

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
STRUT5A said:
As I watched this unfold last night until 2am, I had so many emotions come to me. At one point I cried, then I prayed, and now I'm angry. This attack was purely a hate crime. This monster targeted white police officers. When will people realize the problem is not with the cops. I am not a racist, but a realist. And anyone with common sense should be able to see who are really to blame. The Black lives matter nuts, a large majority of blacks, the media, and liberal whites. These horrible tragedies will continue, and they will become more common. And you can have your own opinion, but mark my words, there WILL be another war in this country. Whether it be over constitutional rights, race, religion, etc. But I only hope and pray that people will wake up and stand with the police, because sure, there are bad cops out there that do unnecessary things, but just about all of these shootings of cops shooting black men are justified in my opinion. But, now all we can do is pray for the families of the fallen officers and take a stand for what is right. So please put a thin blue line sticker on your truck, show support for cops, and go buy a gun while you can.
I have a sticker on the rear window of my truck :

Police Lives Matter
Support your local Law Enforcement

I've had many positive comments on it , but for the life of me can't remember where I got it .

·
Registered
445 Posts
4x4dad said:
STRUT5A said:
I have a sticker on the rear window of my truck :

Police Lives Matter
Support your local Law Enforcement

I've had many positive comments on it , but for the life of me can't remember where I got it .

1 - 20 of 117 Posts