The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the mine reclamation project that was approved? Apparently I heard that they will be attempting to fix some of the acid mine drainage, as well as fix some of the ATV trails that are dangerous.

would love to know the truth as well as a start date if anyone hears anything

Chris

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We've heard that since 2011 . They already started clearing off the trees on top of the mine . Your best bet for info would be to call Spoul Forest headquarters for good info & dates .

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 mile atv trails are closed until further notice. They have started the mine reclamation project as well as improving the trails. This is supposed to take 2 years and they were funded 12 million dollars for the project. To my understanding they are going in and re-stripping the coal that is leaving the sulphur leak into middle branch, 2 mile run as well as huling branch and uncovering all the reject bony that created the sulphur in the first place.

I am told they will be improving the trail system, taking out dangerous cliffs and hazard areas.

I do not know any more details but I went up there sunday and they have already started work.

might be good info for people who are thinking they still have riding time up there. its locked up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts