The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tuesdays catch, it was extra stinky in that spot, so I reset and didnt even bother to rebait. Well today, got another big female in the same set!

Then at my second stop, yesterday I kind of altered my set based on what I did at the first set to catch one, and wouldnt ya know, this AM I connected there too. Just a little guy, but exciting none the less!!

So I dispatched the 1st one of today just as quick and easy as the one on tuesday. Get to the 2nd catch and did the same thing, he curled up just barely twitching so I popped his foot out and started to remake my set.....WELL my buddy (landowner) who was down with me all of a sudden says 'uhhhh hes UP!' and I look behind me and there he is, looking at me....I stand up and he takes off. Instantly I'm kicking myself....I go running after it, fall on my butt over a stump and luckiy he hunkers down in a little ravine a few yards away. I krept up to him and gave him a 22 to the noggin and that was that. MAN was that ever an episode haha!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got another one this morning in the same set. Thats 2 at each set this week. 3 females and a male today. Nice black belly on this one.

With it being so rainy last night, my first stop had dirt holes filled to the top with water, didnt really have much hope for this place but none the less!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Backroads said:
So I dispatched the 1st one of today just as quick and easy as the one on tuesday. Get to the 2nd catch and did the same thing, he curled up just barely twitching so I popped his foot out and started to remake my set.....WELL my buddy (landowner) who was down with me all of a sudden says 'uhhhh hes UP!' and I look behind me and there he is, looking at me....I stand up and he takes off. Instantly I'm kicking myself....I go running after it, fall on my butt over a stump and luckiy he hunkers down in a little ravine a few yards away. I krept up to him and gave him a 22 to the noggin and that was that. MAN was that ever an episode haha!
Oops, guess I owe you an apology?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts