The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my uncle filled our buck tags in the same year. we have never done that before.
I got a 9pt oct 10th. I was sitting on the ground behind sum farm equipment with a creek right behind me. In front of me was corn field right beside a bean field. I was rite between where the corn meets beans. at 630 I had a button buck walking back n forth in front on me. he knew sumthing wasn't right but didn't knew what. at about 645 I spotted movment to my left. all I could see was horns going up n down feeding on the grass. he stepped in my open at 7yards and I doubled lunged him. he jumped the creek and died 20yards behind me on the other side of the creek

My uncle got his oct 30th. 8pt
Hes been hunting under sum pear trees all year. been seeing 3 scrubby not legal bucks every night. Tuesday the oct 28th I was out spotting and I saw this 8pt bedded down 15yards away from the pear trees and his blind. well I called him up and told him what I saw. so he hunted there wendsday. that 8pt showed up just before dark. he said he had him in the scope with the safty off and just ready to pull the trigger..... and the farmer came across the field moving hay bails. hahah! well the farmer is my cuzin and I gave him a call and told him what happen. he said he wouldn't be up there the next night. so I told my uncle and well the next night he called me to come pick up his deer. 25yard shot and dropped him where he stood. he hit shoulder and the bolt went thur and came out the neck. he got very lucky wit that shot. but either way we both filled our buck tags!!! Now we are on for 2 doe each

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
Congrats to both of you!

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Sweet! Doubling up makes it that much more special.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts