The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter I decided I would pick up another hobby and start making my own spinners for fishing. After doing some homework and deciding on what style would work best for me, I order my materials online. I must say that making your own lures is a great way to pass the 'cabin fever' feeling over the winter months, and also the rewarding feeling you get when you actually catch a fish on your own lure.

Anyway, I really wasnt too lucky with my spinners on the 1st day of trout, with the waters being muddy and high, your basic wax/mill worm rig was just about the only thing the fish would bite. So after work yesterday I decided that I would hit the streams and try my luck with my spinners. As luck would have it, I was able to land a nice rainbow. I would of landed 2 fish but as I was reeling the second fish in it threw the hook.
The best part is that I was fishing with my 2 buddies and neither of them caught any fish, seemed that the only lures that caught fish were mine.

If you are thinking about making your own spinners/lures, I would suggest giving it a try.

The picture isnt the greatest, my finger was in the way of the lens.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
nice . and twisting your own spinners is cheaper after the initial costs of equipment .

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah I've never made spinners but catching fish with your own flys is cool so is giving them to friends and watching them catch fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts