The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This will be my first time applying for the Elk Lottery but have no idea what zone to apply for, also IF chosen, this will be my first ever Elk hunt. I am applying for the general firearms tag.

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that is a big Elk,,,,, Thank you for your help, will be applying this Wednesday. Do you recommend using an outfitter or DIY?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Never been drawn been applying every year but do bull only, but if I was I want to get the best chance to get the biggest elk I can. So ya I would. Once in a lifetime hunt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured it was a donation, the odds are not real good, but that's ok.

Ok to outfitter, it would probably up my chances a lot.

Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I figured it was a donation, the odds are not real good, but that's ok.

Ok to outfitter, it would probably up my chances a lot.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Once in a lifetime hunt. Unless you have a lot of time to scout. I would get an outfitter. Good luck!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know you said you were gonna apply yesterday but by chance you didn't yet. I would apply for zone #2. It has plenty of elk and lots of fields, food plots, mast trees and such. I drew 2 years ago and drew zone #2 and did it DIY. I had lived in the area previously and had friends there that could help me get the animal out. If you are lucky enough to get drawn, feel free to message me and I will give you all the help I can in where to start scouting. If you have three or four friends that can help, a DIY hunt is absolutely doable.

Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
226 Posts
I know you said you were gonna apply yesterday but by chance you didn't yet. I would apply for zone #2. It has plenty of elk and lots of fields, food plots, mast trees and such. I drew 2 years ago and drew zone #2 and did it DIY. I had lived in the area previously and had friends there that could help me get the animal out. If you are lucky enough to get drawn, feel free to message me and I will give you all the help I can in where to start scouting. If you have three or four friends that can help, a DIY hunt is absolutely doable.

Good luck!

Rob
Congrats on elk, I will also keep that in mind I haven't applied yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts