The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vertebrate Fawn Automotive lighting Gas Rodent

So far I'm off to a pretty good start for the first night of the hunt an the first time getting out this year. Hopefully sat night is just as productive. I missed another coyote an another gray fox unfortunately. Still shaking the rust off. Total critter's called in was 4 fox 3 coyotes 2 coon an 2 possum's. Oh an I lost my scanner somewhere between stand's 4-5 around 9pm. I guess I must've set it on my tonneau cover an never took it off which is something I never do but with both arms full of crap an trying to open the door I had to put something down. Went back an checked along the road best I could but i think it's gone. I'll look again today after a nap but my hopes aren't very high. Pretty sure it would've came off where I pulled out cuz it was a high berm to get back onto the road which should've dumped it right in the parking lot but it wasn't there. I'm pretty sure someone saw it an picked it up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hunting Deer hunting Fawn Recreation Marines

Very tuff night calling despite beautiful calling condition's, I only managed these 2 which actually came in on the same stand. The coyote came in first an the gray showed up right after I ended the set with a kiyi on the mouth call an was getting ready to leave Called in another gray an missed pretty sure I hit a cornstalk an missed another coyote that winded me an ran about 200 yards then stopped to look back . Did see 2 coon's but they wouldn't work the call so they got a pass. Overall a really good weekend minus losing my scanner. Don't really think I'll place in the coyote category they're both female's an only weigh 33 an 35 so hopefully my biggest gray 11.5# or my 20# coon land in the money somewhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on a great couple of hunts. I have not hunted for predators, but hope to some day. I do have one question, what is the purpose of the sticks in the mouths?
That's the predator hunt rules if not propped open they will not weigh them. Guess they figure you could put lead or water down their throat while warm an close their mouth an you can't open their mouth once rigours sets in

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My next scanner will be a 384. There's been lot's of time's I couldn't pick up stuff with my scanner that I could see with my scope. If you're thinking about getting into thermal get the best you can afford. Thermal is definitely a get what you pay for endeavor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts