The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Christmas shopping at the King Of Prussia Mall there was a new F-150 Platinum series truck on the floor. I sat it the truck and it had to be the nicest pickup I have ever been in. The running boards fold under the body when not in use and the tailgate had a step with a grab bar. I though that was pretty cool.

However, the price was 55k Ouch.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
joe8768 said:
While Christmas shopping at the King Of Prussia Mall there was a new F-150 Platinum series truck on the floor. I sat it the truck and it had to be the nicest pickup I have ever been in.
marketing goal met

·
Registered
123 Posts
My buddy has that model!!! He's all mad now cause Ford coming out with a new model for 2014. I think he paid more than $55k loaded,,,double Ouch!!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I rode in a friends new F150 during deer season. I was impressed by the room in it, and especially the back seat leg room. Nice truck.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I too rode in my buddies during deer camp, and the room in the cab between my 06 and his 13 is very noticeable. Pretty much same truck, but his is bigger.

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
$55K for a pickup truck? No thanks!

My '03 F150 has vinyl seats(bench and back), manual locks, manual windows, and had a factory AM/FM Cassette deck (I replaced with CD/USB capable radio). The only thing automatic on it is the transmission, of which I'd prefer a standard there too.
I don't really need, nor care for, all the bells and whistles that they've been putting into trucks the last 15-20 years.
My last three trucks were all base models, as will be the next one.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
The 150 is a pretty vehicle but I wouldn't call it a truck. FORD dumbed down the 150 years ago to appeal to the ladies and suburban cowboys.
You can't put a plow on them anymore and they won't haul their weight in reclaimed hay.

I love FORD trucks and they are all we buy for work but to use for any type work at all you need a 250 or better.
JMO, but I think the day FORD stops giving 0% financing on the 150 they will not sell nearly as many.
You can buy a lot of power for 55K, just not in the 150.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Traveled in one to Kansas in November and back. Nice truck but mileage, even with EcoBoost, was 15mpg for the trip.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
How long is the bed on the crew cab?

I see alot comments on how much folks like the inside but not much on the truck aspects of it. If a guy is spending 55K on his truck I am guessing he ain't the blue collar worker or farmer living in and off his truck, sounds like a boss's truck.

I think the crew cab P/up is the perfect vehicle for the Outdoors family, until they give you a short "short box" to go with it. if they got a 6.5' on there then they made a truck like decison.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
BCozhunter said:
$55K for a pickup truck? No thanks!

My '03 F150 has vinyl seats(bench and back), manual locks, manual windows, and had a factory AM/FM Cassette deck (I replaced with CD/USB capable radio). The only thing automatic on it is the transmission, of which I'd prefer a standard there too.
I don't really need, nor care for, all the bells and whistles that they've been putting into trucks the last 15-20 years.
My last three trucks were all base models, as will be the next one.
Sounds exactly like my truck except for the make, windows, locks, stereo, seats, sunroof, diesel, navigation, wheels/tires and a few other trinkets.......oh, and mine is 3/4 ton.......but other than that, same truck.......

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
A guy I work with just got a 4 door F-150 with the ecoboost. I don't think I'd get the Ecoboost but it is a nice truck. I have an '07 F-150 Ext Cab and his is just plain alot nicer truck. He has the 5.5ft bed but he told me you can get it in a 6.5 ft bed. Don't know if that's true or not. I too was suprised at the amount of room in the back seat.
Somebody earlier said that Ford "dumbed" down the F-150 years ago. If you really look at the specs, I think you'll find that it's the exact opposite. They are beefed up so much that I have to pay 3/4 ton registration on mine. You can also get the new 150 with the 6.2 V8 now and it will haul more than ever properly equipped. It's all in what you choose to get.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
for 55k that thing had better be earning money for you. thats completely and utterly ridiculous and the reason i buy used trucks anymore.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
TPlank said:
Traveled in one to Kansas in November and back. Nice truck but mileage, even with EcoBoost, was 15mpg for the trip.
You're buddy must have really had his right foot in it! I can easily get 18mpg with my 5.0L. I've seen as high as 22 highway.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Birch812 said:
The 150 is a pretty vehicle but I wouldn't call it a truck. FORD dumbed down the 150 years ago to appeal to the ladies and suburban cowboys.
You can't put a plow on them anymore and they won't haul their weight in reclaimed hay.

I love FORD trucks and they are all we buy for work but to use for any type work at all you need a 250 or better.
JMO, but I think the day FORD stops giving 0% financing on the 150 they will not sell nearly as many.
You can buy a lot of power for 55K, just not in the 150.
An F150 will haul anything you have any business hauling with a 1/2 ton truck with ease. If it can't handle it, you have no business trying in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
My '03 extended cab has an 8' bed. My next truck will also have a full size bed. Makes for a long wheel base, but worth every inch!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts