The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'd like to thank the group of guys that came out for the 1st Annual HPA NEPA Shoot at Rock Mountain. We had a beautiful day, fabulous brotherhood and some blistering shooting!! A few of the guys took pix as we went around the course. Maybe they can post some of them on this thread?! The HOA trophy winner was 2GSPS (Rob). Congrats on the win!! Rob shot an 87 to claim the championship.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Would somebody please send that guy an HPA hat!

Glad everybody had a great time! Congrats to 2GSPS for his fine day on the range! Hopefully I can make it up there next year...not that I'd be any competition for the likes of the good shooters who were there, I'm just sorry I missed out on the fun!

...and the opportunity to stomp that Yankees hat into the mud!

SB - I already heard from a few who said it was a top notch operation...good going!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nanook!! What's wrong with my Yankees hat?
They're only the greatest sports franchise in the history of mankind!!
As the call at the end of their games goes-"Theeeee Yankees win!! Theeeeeeee Yankees win!!"

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just want to give a Big Thank You to Stackbarrel for hosting the shoot today. Dr.Evil did show his hand on a few stations but you have to expect that when you head up to the "ROCK". It was also great putting faces to names from the posters on this site. Good bunch of guys with some fine shooting. I'm in for next year already!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Once again thanks to Stackbarrel for his hospitality. Jason and I really enjoyed it and we're definately in for next year as well, but boy do I gotta practice for those Dr. Evil stands

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mauser, all you need is a full body harness like you wear in a tree stand, then you'll be fine on those "vertigo" stands!!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Set one of those up for me too Mike. Will ya!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fan, next time you're up I'll show you how to lean over those rails and crush the LOW birds!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mike,

I had no trobule hitting those LOW birds, guess my uncomfortableness with heights caused me to focus more, it was the Battue right in front of my face that gave me the trouble, maybe it was that fact knowing that I had to lean over the rail for the next shot. Whatever it was it really is a fun station.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe Mr. Smallgame will post his Photobucket album link for his pix from the event?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well done Mr. Smallgame!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now I will be all set for next years shoot. I do not think I had a chance to tell you that I had a great time and that you set up a nice set of targets for us.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for posting the pix. Just sent the link to Jason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts