The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,755 Posts
I will always remember the Nick Rosato art throughout the digests. I remember reading them while things were a little slow in the woods and they fit right in your license holder.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I remember the pocket size books. I don't know if my reading comprehension has suffered with increased age or things have gotten more complicated, but in either event I long for the small booklets.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I helped on a house clean-out years ago in South Williamport. In a closet we found boxes full of Nick Rosato artwork. I knew nothing about it, nor did anyone else on the crew. We tossed probably hundreds of pictures in the dumpster. Some of the guys kept a few. They turned out to be originals ! Not worth a ton of cash, but I sure wish I had grabbed some !

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Nick Rosato is still alive you know. Somewhere up in his 80's I believe. He also still illustrates for Game News, which is incredible. Reckon when he passes, that artwork you found will become a bit more valuable.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I remember those books. I believe that 1981-1982 was the first year that a hunters saftey course was required to get a licence.
Those little digests were great. I liked being able to carry it in my licence holder. I guess that we no longer even have to display our licence while hunting now. Is that correct?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Every WCO who gets a field note published in the Game News gets the origional art work by Rosato that accompanied the field note.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.