The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a once shot m77 6mm for 450$. I will post pics if I can, but wood and blue like new. Eighties mfg with tang safety and red but pad. Guy had to sell and since he is a coworker I couldn't bring myself to go lower. Thoughts on rifle and worth would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
6mm is not easy to find in the tang safety 77, nearly unfired even more rare. You got a good deal. Well used in that caliber fetch $550-600. If you have the box, you would be crowding a grand to a collector. I don't think you would have a problem getting 7 or 8 hundred without.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a ruger 77 6mm , it was a 1970 flat bolt like new back in January , I finally got around to shooting it , wasn't happy with the 1 inch groups I shot , I took it apart, sanded out pressure point on stock , floated barrel , also opened up the angled bolt hole that holds stock on , this gun will now shoot a 3 shot group , all 3 holes touching at 100 , most accurate gun I own now , all it cost me was some sand paper .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'm picking it up today and will take more pics to post. I couldn't get the ones he emailed me to transfer to Dropbox.

I'm assuming I'm going to have to get a set of dies and try to find some brass.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Muzettehunter said:
Thanks for the input. I'm picking it up today and will take more pics to post. I couldn't get the ones he emailed me to transfer to Dropbox.

I'm assuming I'm going to have to get a set of dies and try to find some brass.
You can buy 6mm at Walmart here....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have a 6mm in a REM 788. I like it. You can buy 6mm at wal-mart here also but its a salty $33 bucks for a box of 20 100gr corelokt rounds....

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I saw an M77 flatbolt 6MM a few years back for $450 on the used gun rack at a gunshop, I dont think they knew what they had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts