The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would throw some pics of this back up in this new forum........I bought this truck when I was 17, drove it for a year or 2, and then parked it when I went off to college......I finally got around to doing the restoration on it a few years ago, which turned into a resto-mod of sorts....

I did most of the body work myself, and my buddy (he is a body work guy) put the finishing touches on it......and then we shot it with good PPG 2 stage paint, and clear....I put a lot of work, money and effort into the truck, outside and in.....its not perfect show quality, but I take it to some local shows, and drive it sparingly on nice weekends....

here are some pics:

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
GREAT truck...and I am a Chevy guy
. That interior is fantastic!

Great way to start it off!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RB-HPA said:
GREAT truck...and I am a Chevy guy
. That interior is fantastic!

Great way to start it off!!
I'm a Chevy guy too, but i am just a sucker for the old 76-79 Ford body style.....

·
Super Moderator
24,058 Posts
Looks great

·
6,448 Posts
im a chevy guy now but those old fords were tanks.....great looking truck BTW

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I spent my childhood in the bed of a '76 Ford pick like that going to camp every other weekend...5 hr drive. But Dad had a cap on it, the kind with the paneling inside and curtains....LOL, remember those. Got car sick every time.

I think I am going to like this forum.

·
6,448 Posts
RB we road to our baseball games in the back of a 70 something it had a 3 in the tree and everytime the driver shifted we would yell "double clutcher butchy" those were the days....times have sure changed if a coach loaded up his team into the bed of a truck today he would be brought up on child abuse charges......

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Great truck. My buddy has one and its a beast in the mud.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My step dad had one of those paneled curtained caps. It was out by the barn on sawhorses in the summer. In hunting season it went on the F100 to haul gear and drivers. You piled a bunch of smelly gas producing guys in the back, drove them down the valley, then they drove back towards the standers.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I remember when you first posted these pictures, liked it then and still do! Any specs, gears, lockers etc.?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I am a Chevy gut as well, but when I was 17 I had a 79 Ford , reminds me very much of yours....except yours is much nicer......Nice truck ,,,,

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
My dad had a 76 from about 83-84 till about 94. His served far too many purposes. One was halling my tail around in the back in the cold.

I love that style. Great looking truck. I would love to have one one day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts