The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1969 Shelby Mustang

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  bearhollow 
#1 ·
#2 ·
How about a 1967 Corvette with 2,996 original miles on the odometer?

McNamara finally parked it for good in the mid-1980s, having been the only person who ever drove it. Only two others had sat behind the wheel, and the passenger seat was never used. It’s never been in the rain; it's never been washed with water.
'67 Vette

#5 ·
The sale has been on TV stations and newspapers all over the U.S. The auctioneer figures there will be thousands of people at the sale. Also a few other collectible vehicles will be sold. Even though these vehicles run, I feel there would be some mechanical problems from sitting for over 30 years. I have bought a few old classics with low miles, brakes were froze up, engine seals dried out and deteriorated, antifreeze crystalized, etc. Be an interesting sale. They predict the Shelby can bring around $125,000.

#8 ·
I had contacted the auctioneer about the van. Some very nice stuff, if the van was a Dodge, I would be very interested in it. I have a 76 Dodge van I have owned since 1980, showroom condition, The guy definitely took meticulous care of everything he owned. To read all the stories the neighbors tell about him, sounds like he was a class-act gentleman.

#18 ·
This was the right (and correct) kind of income re-distribution. Everybody was happy.

And who says that if you have money you don't spend it back into the economy. This was a great example of why America was (is at least for a while) the greatest country ever.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.