The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if these motors have any value? It still runs but probably needs a tune up. all original parts but the glass bowl that I assume was there to collect dirt. My BIL replaced it with a metal lid of some sort.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've seen these for sale for between $150-$200. It all depends on the value to the buyer. Some people like to collect vintage motors.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
I went to steamarama last saturday in York County and a dealer had about a dozen different sizes of the glass fuel bowls. They are available on the antique machinery sites.

They come up on ebay and other auction sites. There is a growing interest in the old engines and old small boats.canoes. I didn't see any outboards for sale at Steamarama but I recall one or two over at the Rough and Tumble steam show east of lancaster. (In august as I recall) I have an old one, don't recall the make, but it is missing part of the carb. (I understand some old 2 cycle chain saw and lawn mower engine carbs will fit the smaller outboards. ) I saw an Oliver outboard, made by the Oliver tractor company in the mid 1950's, for sale for $400 asking price at a tractor show. Who knows how long it would take to sell at that price. Another brand that has a following is the Wizard. I remember the Elgin brand, but know little else about it. I see an old timer down at the river that has a really old Evinrude he still uses.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I saw a couple similar Elgins right around $200.00, but I don't know if they are getting that. I don't know if I want to sell it or not. It's a cool little engine that pushes my canoe pretty good. It's funny, once you start it you are going, there is no neutral.

I may clean it up put it back in the shed and hang on to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts