The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into an entry level 1911. I'm looking at the Tuarus 1911 ss1 and Remington 1911 R1, and the Rock Island. The Taurus has a rail on the underside, which is cool. The Remmy looks really nice, and the Rock Island is so-so.
Thoughts/opinions? I'm not new to handguns, but never owned a 1911. Thanks

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Springfield Armory makes a great 1911 and there not that expensive, I would definetly say their worth looking into.

·
Registered
512 Posts
picked up my first 1911 in september from Grices in Clearfield. was looking at something under $700. decided on the Para USA GI Expert in black. paid $519 plus taxes and fees. I have over 800 rounds thru it without a problem.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
you will never get your money back of you buy a new rock island. if you can find a used one at a decent price they are good guns, but don't hold their value. never fired a Taurus, but the Remington's are ok. I will second the Springfield

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
BUCKSLAYER15 said:
I'm looking to get into an entry level 1911. I'm looking at the Tuarus 1911 ss1 and Remington 1911 R1, and the Rock Island. The Taurus has a rail on the underside, which is cool. The Remmy looks really nice, and the Rock Island is so-so.
Thoughts/opinions? I'm not new to handguns, but never owned a 1911. Thanks
Be sure to check out a CZ 97B 45acp. I bought one 5 years ago & it's one fine 1911 platformed type 45acp.
Here's a good review of the CZ 97B 45ACP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2baoMyO5r8

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Look at the Ruger too - sounded like they were hitting the street for around $600 + fees/taxes. far as I know, the Taurus and the Remmy's are getting good reviews, but Taurus customer service is spotty as of late from what I'm seeing on the net.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts