The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again! The 18th Century Artisan Show Lewisburg PA Contemporary and Antique American Folk Art Show

The 18th Century Artisan's Show is going to be at the Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, Pa. on 31 Jan/1 Feb. That is only two weeks away this Fri/Sat. Time to plan!

It is a great show, with some awesome builder's showing their wares, including HPA's own Allen Martin. Also a good place to get parts, hand made accouterments and accessories.

I am planning on going Friday, and maybe on Saturday, depending on how bad the temptation is!

If You are there, and see a crusty older guy wearing an OD USAF baseball cap, speak up. I have met quite a few from HPA while there, and in some cases, a few of us cross paths year after year! Most times while drooling over rifles!

Hope to see/meet You there!

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
I don't have any rifles with Allen this year, Rusty, so you and Matt can't put more "aging" on the metal this time!

I'll be there that Friday looking for a haversack and whatever else I "need".

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any rifles with Allen this year, Rusty, so you and Matt can't put more "aging" on the metal this time!

I'll be there that Friday looking for a haversack and whatever else I "need".
It would not surprise me one bit if Allen has something that piques Your fancy!>:):wink2:

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
I'd be shocked if he doesn't, but I'm pretty tapped out on discretionary funds of that magnitude at the moment!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've never been to this show. I was thinking of going Saturday the 1st. How is it? Is there a lot to see/look at? The vendor list seems decent as far as quantity/quality goes. It's a 2 hour drive for me to get there and it would be nice to know that the 2 hour drive is worth it.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soup,

It is a really nice Show. There are probably 15-20 builders (maybe more) showing off their rifles/smoothies/pistols. Plus there are leather goods folks, metalwork folks, horner's, weavers, etc. There is also a parts room, and an "originals" room with historic artifacts and guns.

I posted some pics last year, for those who couldn't make it. See the link below.

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/48-traditional-forum/287839-few-18th-century-show-pics.html

Reactions: soup1279

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Weather permitting, I'll head up on Friday, and attempt to control the drool and fingering of my credit card. My only purchase last year was a hand-painted tile for my wife, and I enjoyed the points it earned.

I'll likely wear my green Maine guide crusher hat which enhances my white beard and blood-shot eyes. I spoke with Allen Martin last year and would enjoy bumping into other HuntingPAers.

Soup, you will be more than pleased with the show, and a Country Cupboard lunch is a pleasant addition to the day. Berks

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soup, you will be more than pleased with the show, and a Country Cupboard lunch is a pleasant addition to the day. Berks
Or breakfast before is pretty good too!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good to hear. I'll be making the trip that Saturday then. Might also bring my cousin who has recently started getting into flintlock shooting.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Okay ... enough about me getting you in trouble about wives and such .. I don't even know your wife Tom !!! ( I'm sure she is a real sweetheart .. being married to you all these years ....

Soup ... you'll have the best time in the world .. the only thing you'll regret is not coming earlier the past few years ...

And Rusty ... I commission you to keep Tom and Matt in check ..
I'm not sure what I have for sale this year .. I'll try to build a few custom flinters before then ..

Actually all this aside ... this is one of the best shows going on at the moment .. (I know , I help run it!!!)
The place is nice , gets a little crowded mid-morning on both days .. so don't feel like you need to be there for breakfast ..
Bring money .. and your wife or girlfriends .. just not at the same time !!!

Ciao ..Allen Martin

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
You aren't wrong! :)

We'll probably be there early on Friday, but I'm takin' the day off and I plan to spend it looking at flintlocks and such. It'll get a bit chummy for a while, but that's ok. Beats not bein' there by a mile!

·
Registered
697 Posts
It seems like I have something else going on every year on the same weekend this show is held. I really want to come check it out since I've wanted a custom flintlock for years and I know this is the place to shop around. Unfortunately, this will not be the year again. Maybe 2021.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Had my Mrs(a non-smoker) there a few years ago & she also enjoyed it. Lots of neat crafts(tinwork,copperwork, arts and antique handmade furniture etc etc).

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If any one is heading from the State College area and wouldn’t mind some company hit me up. I would like to go. Went a few years ago

·
Registered
393 Posts
This will be my 4th year and I have yet to knowingly meet another HPA traditional member.
Admittedly there are so many guys that all look alike it is difficult, if not impossible to identify anyone that says “I have grey/white hair and a beard”😂
I am going to put my forum name on a name tag, if you see me stop me and say hey!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts