The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some testing this week with the 175 grain Slick Tricks. Here are my personal thoughts and observations. They did a slight nose dive to the right as expected. For some reason most of the Slicks I have tested do this. (in Parker bows) I assume that I would need more offset on my fletchings to counter the effect, but that causes a loss of speed downrange. That isn't something I'm willing to give up.

When shot in combination with my arrows in the Parkers, they dropped really fast due to the high F.O.C. Also something that I didn't find desireable.

All that being said, I would imagine that they would be an excellent choice for the arrows made for the big box stores that have the aluminum inserts. They use more helical to thier fletchings and the F.O.C. would be better with the 175 grain heads.

·
Registered
775 Posts
This is a head i would use out of my compound if I was going to africa but not out of the crossbow. The parker crossbows are paired with hawke optics scopes specifically designed for the parker xbow and the MR scope is set up for ballistic drop with a red hott bolt and a 100 grain broadhead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts