The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for quite some time for a .17 Hornet and it seems that there are none in the state of Pennsylvania. If anyone has any leads and they are within two hours of Montrose please let me know. At this point I'd even go through the hassle of getting one shipped.

Also not interested in paying gunbroker prices.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's absolutely insane.

·
Registered
Ravin R9
6,538 Posts
Try Googling it. There are many on line places to buy from and most offer free shipping to local gun shop.

·
Registered
Ravin R9
6,538 Posts
My son said 30-30 and 35 is coming out next:sneaky:
Everything is out of stock
I'm aware of that but you can get on a waiting list to be notified by all these places when they receive new arrivals.
I was on the waiting list for a Mossberg Patriot in 350 legend. Within a month I was notified and gun is now in hand.
Worth a try. Good Luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have one that I thought about selling. It has never been out in the woods.It is my window gun. I was thinking on buying a 204 ruger but cant find one of those either.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I'm aware of that but you can get on a waiting list to be notified by all these places when they receive new arrivals.
I was on the waiting list for a Mossberg Patriot in 350 legend. Within a month I was notified and gun is now in hand.
Worth a try. Good Luck.
[/QUOT1
weird, how did my comment ended up on this topic

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one that I thought about selling. It has never been out in the woods.It is my window gun. I was thinking on buying a 204 ruger but cant find one of those either.
PM sent

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I do understand why you want one. I have the Savage in.17 Hornet. It’s just wicked accurate. it’s also nice n light even with the Millet lighted reticle scope.

I use it for groundhog hunting & it’s one shot kills. Hang in there. It took me a year to find a Win 1892 in 44 mag in my price range. Glad I waited. 👍

·
Registered
21,809 Posts
The 17 hornet is really a cool round.I bought a Ruger when they first came out but just didn't care for the weight of the gun.There just wasn't a lot of good choices in rifles.I would buy a CZ but I don't like wood and blued steel.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The 17 hornet is really a cool round.I bought a Ruger when they first came out but just didn't care for the weight of the gun.There just wasn't a lot of good choices in rifles.I would buy a CZ but I don't like wood and blued steel.
They do have the CZ 527 AMERICAN SYNTHETIC SUPPRESSOR-READY
It appears they no longer offer the plethora of laminated colors they used to. I love my 527 in .204 with the green laminated color pattern stock. The only thing I did not care for was the magazine protruding. I solved that by finding a guy that does a two round conversion that sits flush. So I just carry an extra 5 rounder with me. It's a great walking varminter.

But....how can you not like a good wood stock?! My CZ 22 WMR has the best wood in my safe! Absolutely gorgeous. AND it shoots 1/2 inch 75 yard groups all day long, with Hornady 30 grain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts