The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
I think thats another 17 rimfire super mag or somthing 3000+ fps with a 25gr bullet, but i prefer the 204s iv started loading with a 26gr varmit grenade at 4450! haha havnt shot anything yet

· Registered
908 Posts
No its not even close, were comparing a 17gr bullet to 40-50 gr bullets, the 22 has over 100# more muzzle energy than the 17... If i was shooting prarie dogs at long ranges I might use a 17 but thats the only time I would consider it, its not much faster either, the 17 does 2550 with a 17gr bullet, I have winchester supreem he 34 gr jhp that do 2120 witg double the lead, my cousin shot a coyote witg my marlin wmr on their farm in beaver from 177y broadside and it punched a fairly nasty hole clear through it.

· Registered
908 Posts
If your hunting at night you need somthing that puts them down with no problem, the 223 or 204 or the 17 centerfires are the best choice, when do do you ever see a coyote just standing around offering a perfect shot? try stoping a running coyote from any distance with a 17hmr and see what happens...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.