The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the .17 fireball? Load recipes, effective range, difficulty of reloading, barrel life? Me and a friend of mine pretty much perfected our loads and capabilities of our current groundhog guns and are fooling with the idea of trying the fireball. What do you fellas think, good idea?

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Everyone should own at least one 17 center fire.. Be it the 17 Fireball or the 17 Remington..

...Excellent varmint and fur gun from chucks all the way up to coyotes. Now if you hit a fox in the spine or forehead it going to blow a big hole in that area.. So you do have to keep your shot for the chest or above the shoulder to make it fur friendly.

If you were only a coyote hunter I would use the 204 Ruger or the 22250 instead of the 17 center fire... So when I am only after coytoes I go to the larger calibers now.. If it's fox season I use the 17 centerfire..

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
I've heard nothing but good reports on them for a combo fox/coyote gun, but like Buck mentioned, for strictly yotes I'd go with something larger. I'm still shooting a 22 Hornet when not toting my 12ga.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts