The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an opertunity to pick up a 16 gauge itica featherweight pump shotgun.In pretty decent shape.$200.00.Would like to buy it.Great RABBIT gun in my eyes.Dose anyone know what the avalibility of 16 gauge shells.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I to have Ithica 16 guage that my grandfather gave me. What a great gun. When it comes to ammo it can be slim pickings. I try to buy what I can when i find it. I know you can find it over the internet. I am currently trying to find some non toxic for duck season. Only thing I can find is hevi shot classic doubles. Current price is $40 for 10 shots.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I use a 16ga SxS a lot and usually do not have a problem finding ammo at Cabelas. I use the Herters one once load of #5 or #6 shot.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I bought a couple boxes last year of the Remington #6 Express high brass, I think they cost right around 20 bucks a box. I would buy it if it is in decent shape.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
My local Wally World and Dunhams usually carry it. Dunhams has a pretty good selection from #8's to #6's

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was in my local Dick's tonight as they had Remington Gun Clubs on sale for 25% off. Naturally I was a bit late to the dance but they did have a case in the back. Guy says he has another case of Remington shot shells back there but didn't think they were Gun Club - he goes back and brings it out and was a whole case of Remington 16 guage slugs. I didn't look too hard at exactly what slugs but I sure was surprised they had a full casde of 16 guage on hand.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Highflyer

Rio came out with a line of Bismuth shells this year. They have a 16ga loading available for half the cost of Classic Doubles. Both NatchezSS and Able Ammo carry it.

I haven't tried it in 16ga as I have a "few" cases of Kent TM 16ga and the now defunct Bismuth Cartridge Co 16ga on hand. I did pick up a couple boxes in 20ga that I'm hoping to try out later this year.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Dick's at the Lycoming Mall has a ton of 16 gauge Rem. in 6 and 7 1/2 shot but their sign only says 25% off 12 and 20 gauge? I didn't ask why and have plenty of 16 on hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts