The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
The Manual I have for the Horton Summit HD 150 states that it requires a 20" arrow, as does the Horton website.
SEE HERE

Summit HD 150 Specifications

Draw Weight: 150 lbs.
Mass Weight: 6.5 lbs.
Length: 31"
Width: 26"
Power Stroke: 10 1/4"
Arrow Length: 20"
Velocity(ft/sec): Up to 260
Energy(ft. lbs.): 61

I would try the Gold Tip Laser II arrows with the brass insert. We got excellent results with them in our testing this summer. We have them in stock. They would use a 100 grain head.
Interesting that thier booklet would recommend 16 or 18 inch arrows and the dealer book and website states 20 inch arrow???? Whats up with that?

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I haven't personally shot the Recon. We did shoot the Vision. It is a very quiet bow and seemed well built for the money. That being said I don't think it would appeal to me. It has got to be hard on servings, the string pinches really tight at the trigger latch. I inspected one at the shop a few days ago that had less than 100 shots, and the string serving was nearly through to the string.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.