The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

150 yard safety zone

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  gibsonlespaul 
#1 ·
It is unlawful to set a cage trap within this safety zone without permission , thats just crazy , how many Boroughs or townships offer cage traps for nusiance raccoons....

When in all reality the citizens are not knowingly breaking the game laws by setting the cage trap to catch nusiance raccoons !! Any input fellas>....

#5 ·
What em saying is this the township i live in rents box traps for citizens of this township to remove nusiance raccoons out of their garbage ...

Now by the game laws that citizen is breaking the law setting that in a residential area and not getting permission from the neighbors that are within 150 yards !!!

Thats how ludicrous this safety zone is !!THATS THE BIG DEAL , TOWNSHIP AND BOROUGHS ARE KNOWINGLY BREAKING THE GAME LAWS EVERYTIME IT RENTS A TRAP TO SOMEONE !!!!Because alot of elderly people have done this that i know !!

#13 ·
First, you never asked a question to get a response. Second, I'm going to let you chew on your own foot;

From the Alan Probst post; you wrote "Why do you people get in other peoples business , he makes money at that show and thats the problem today everyone is in everyone else's business ..who cares what he does !!!" A few posts later, you write "
Its nobody's business what another individual does . PERIOD"

And now you're worried about old people cage trapping NUISANCE animals. Take your own advice.

#14 ·
Really? it is people like you that think if this person can do it then so can I. To me you act like I can do what ever want and not follow any rules.

I just read your post about the penalty for use a 220,It is people like you why us trappers lost the right to use buckets here is my tip to you READ THE REGULATION BOOK

#17 ·
Here's an idea! Find a WCO and ask them all of these questions.

Now, I too wonder why it's ok for Suzy Soccermom to set a rented cage trap for a nuisance raccoon, then upon catching it, can drive it several miles away and let it go, when the game regulations say you need to be lisc'd to take furbearers and cannot remove them live and relocate them live. I imagine that raccoon rabies issues that pop up from time to time all in a particular area stem more likely from this relocating by Suzy Soccermoms, than from rogue coon hunters "restocking", or a bat that flew in and bit several raccoons. Also these nuisance raccoons end up being a pest for someone else, they can't catch it, call in a professional nuisance trapper, and they too can't catch it, unless they resort to DP's or some other alternative. I've had to butt heads with cage playing coons before, no doubt the result of Duddly Do-gooders. I had them stealing the bait until I made a secure bait holder and layed linoleum remnants cut to size inside the traps to trick them. This was barn coon work before griz getterz came along and made dog/cat proofing nice and easy.

#20 ·
So somebody in a plan of homes has raccoons tearing up their garbage , they get a box trap , trap the raccoon and do whatever with it ..

Now they have broken the safety zone law , that what im trying to get at it doesnt make sense for cage traps ...

I am goign to petition the P.G.C. On getting it lowered to 50 yards there is no reason it should be 150 , it should be 50 yards if that !!!

#21 ·
A nuisance coon is a nuisance coon. Im sure if I had neighbors and I had a nuisance coon, they wouldnt mind at all if I trapped it. They would be having the same problems with it and trying to rid of it themselves. Use some common sense that your lacking here. A petition... who are you going to get to sign it? Nobody on here will.

#25 ·
gibsonlespaul said:
I posted in a a plan of homes , so yes you have houses on both sides , and you cant set a box trap technically because of the 150 yard safety zone ....But every garbage week your trash is torn up ??
Again, common sense... ask your neighbor for crying out loud like everyone said in past posts. Do you live to make posts like this just to see what people will say to you? You must make a lot of dirthole sets... seems like your pretty good at digging holes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.