The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,963 Posts
Okay Okay ...now you did it. I will go and check my cams tomorrow.

Good to see someone is doing their home work.

Thanks for sharing.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are just some of the 13 buck, that i found to have survived hunting season. All of these deer live on state land, and feed on private property. This area receives a fair amount of hunting pressure... but very few hunters are successful.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That drop tine buck will be a freak beast next year, I can't wait to see what he looks like come next September! That picture with those four bucks is cool, that would be nice to have come walking by your stand!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I cant wait to pull my cam. I had 11 different bucks on film this year and none were killed. I would like to see what is still around also. Should be in Potter now but the snow kept us home

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rober said:
I cant wait to pull my cam. I had 11 different bucks on film this year and none were killed. I would like to see what is still around also. Should be in Potter now but the snow kept us home
Out of curiosity...How do you know none of them were killed? Nobody killed any in your hunting party? Are they fenced in? I had 5-6 really nice deer on camera and just found out yesterday a kid on our street shot the nice 9 point during archery, never woulda known....You just never know, the rut can have them 5 miles away and get shot and the Monday after turkey day they are running for their lives!!! IF they are all still alive, next year should be awesome!

·
Registered
692 Posts
that droptine buck is a real dandy, looks like a 3.5 yr old maybe? he should be an even more awesome deer this coming season!!

·
Registered
21,564 Posts
It's amazing how well deer survive hunting pressure.I saw an 8 point twice last week that was wounded in archery season.He's fifty yards off a state rd and it obviously bedding in some public property that gets driven and re-driven almost every day of the season.He's wounded bad and can't be traveling far.I can't believe nobody killed him during rifle season.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
KravenTheHunter said:
Rober said:
Out of curiosity...How do you know none of them were killed? Nobody killed any in your hunting party? Are they fenced in? I had 5-6 really nice deer on camera and just found out yesterday a kid on our street shot the nice 9 point during archery, never woulda known....You just never know, the rut can have them 5 miles away and get shot and the Monday after turkey day they are running for their lives!!! IF they are all still alive, next year should be awesome!
cause if u look at the dates they are after rifle season

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
attackone said:
KravenTheHunter said:
Rober said:
cause if u look at the dates they are after rifle season
he was referring to the guy who didnt post the pics. read the thread

1 - 20 of 32 Posts