The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove 120 miles to be with my 2 sons and shoot in 2 in lines for my Grandson and his Dad.
We had a good time and they had better time because Ole Dad supplied everything to load.
All 3 guns are dead on with Cheap Shots .
3rd gun was my youngest sons.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Sounds like a very pleasant day on the range, but did "Ole Dad" end up cleaning the rifles as well?:wink2: Have a great hunt. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Berkscoflinter,i do take care of the guns. This will be the last season i do it? I gave 2 in lines to my sons and now these last 2 will be given to the Grandson and his Father. It will be up to them to keep them in good shape.
Being i am a Life time license holder for a while i don't use them so i give them away to the boys.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Yes, Berkscoflinter,i do take care of the guns. This will be the last season i do it? I gave 2 in lines to my sons and now these last 2 will be given to the Grandson and his Father. It will be up to them to keep them in good shape.
Being i am a Life time license holder for a while i don't use them so i give them away to the boys.
I have a similar story about my son and grandson. I built two flintlocks for my grandson, one when he was twelve and then a full-sized, 42" barreled, .50 cal. when he graduated high school. For my son, it was a re-stocked .50 cal. flintlock with various parts collected over the years. Now, my grandson is moving to SC, and my son's new job responsibilities is keeping him out of the woods, so next week I'll hunt with my long time hunting buddy who is also 74 and also a life time license holder. We won't venture too far from the truck!:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts