The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. I'm posting this for a fellow member Slickshot and his grandson.

After getting my 8pt in archery season, that gave me the opportunity to take my grandson Cameron out the 1st day of buck, so that my son ( his dad ) could hunt his stand alone..

The 1st day Cameron and I were positioned in our blind when a 4pt came walking in at 40 yds ,looking straight at us. His only shot would have been a head or frontal, he had the safe off waiting for me to give him the go ahead. But I said "wait until he turns broadside ". The deer must have seen him shaking, cause it turned around and only left him with a hind shot. He was very disappointed to say the least, but I told him the man up there, has bigger plans for you .

Fast forward to Sat.11:50 am .We were in our same blind. After preaching to him to always aim for that front shoulder if you can. An uneventfull morning turned to joy as I looked up in the thicket and thought I saw horns as it was approaching to our left. Telling Cameron to get ready, he bounced out at 40 yds ready to run when I let out a grunt, and he stop broadside the 30-30sang out and. Cameron hit him right in the wheelhouse taking out both front shoulders. :

"I got him Pap, I got him" as the big 9pt fell.

The joy in his eyes almost brought me to tears, I never got to hunt with my Pap as a boy, he died before I was of age. It was the greatest hunt ever for me. Cameron will always remember that day in Wash Co. when he got his 1st buck with his Pap sitting next to him.

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts
Re: 12 year old grandons first deer (9pt)

Outstanding, congrats to both of you!

Reactions: SlickShot

·
Registered
445 Posts

Awesome deer! Congrats young man.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Good job! He wont be the only one that will never forget that day im sure. Hope you have many more with him.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts

Yup, that right there is great! For sure a memory he will never forget, same is true for you!

·
Registered
669 Posts

Not much better than a family hunt....and the picture of success in the back of a truck! Congrats

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts

The picture at the truck, pretty much covers the rest of the story..

Congrats to both of you...

A memory bonded for a lifetime....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts