The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,440 Posts
To me it's different with a scoped gun than a open sighted shotgun. Or even a rifle for that matter. It doesn't seem to be as bad with open sights. Maybe because I got wacked a couple times. I'm really lucky I haven't developed a bad flinch.

Maybe it's because the recoil velocity is different with shotguns? I don't know, but the 2oz winchester supremes I normally shoot didn't seem as bad as my 300 winchester.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
You can still buy 3" 2oz winchester supremes. I bought mine at a local gun shop several years ago for like $10-$12. I looked for them a couple of places, and the only place that had them was gander mountain. I decided to try something else because they wanted over $20 for them. The only thing I ever shot with them was a coyote at 20 yards. Instant dead.

1 - 2 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.