The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks how did it go? we got frozen rain about 9, others gave up we only saw 1 by 11. i hit 2 other spots and didnt cross any tracks so i figured they were not moving so i kept moving. i crossed one set crossing my entry tracks on way out.. then went to other prop, no tracks till the very end. followed them towards my car and wx was making my powder aweful so i gave up as the tracks went towards a man on his tractor. as i left i went down that way and there stood one by the road. so i reentered the woods above them with the inline this time for a doe (2B) well they were onto me and wouldnt you know 8 doe ran right past my car and onto posted land and all i cld do was watch..darn things anyways. they were bedded 10 yards from the road behind thick brush

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I was in the woods by 7am and hunted until around 12:30pm.

Saw lots of fresh tracks from last night, found quite a few beds, also lots of areas where the deer were feeding, however I did not even get a glimpse of a tail.........anywhere!

I think on my drive home I saw two other vehicles in parking lots.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Saw several does and 1 legal buck, but one the only chance for a shot I had no spark! Got lots of snow and lost a transmission today as well, should have went to work!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Stuffer said:
Great buck, Congrats. How about the story behind it? Love to read it...
Not much to the story. My neighbor was telling me he was seeing a couple bucks meandering thru the yards this past week. We hadn't really seen any all fall. So about 2 hrs before dark I went back & stood in the woods. Just before sunset I saw a buck sneaking thru the thicket. I had only one opening & he entered it. Click. Ugh. Click. Ugh! Wiped out the wet powder & recharged. He actually turned and got even clearer in the opening. 3rd time bang! I thought I hit him (40 yds) and he took off. Ran a good ways, then I saw him struggle & heard him crash. He was much bigger than I thought when I shot him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts